Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Who'Da Thunk ?

Gunner46

How often does a Company surprise you?
I've had a problem with a slow leak on a couple of tires. Old aluminum rims just don't hold air well. Had in the shop twice and still there.
Today I got off work to find my tire pump on the fritz and needing air. Went to Rieley's got a new one and still could not get either to take air. One was waaayyy low.
It's Sat so that means 99% of repair shops are closed, except the Dealerships...ARRRGGHHHH
Off to Brunswick Subaru I go. 1 1/2 hrs later the guy tells me it's ready and to see the cashier.
Saturday, Dealership....My brain is just repeating Ka-Ching, Ka-Ching...
Get up to the cute little 20 something and just hand her the credit card saying "Don't tell me, just ring it up". She grins at me and asks to sign "Here & "Here". I do.
She hands me the credit card and receipt. "No charge Sir".

Had a similar one today: My 36 month warranty OReilly's battery failed at 37 months, 4 days. Went in to get a new one, and had to buy some metric tools to change it out (my preparedness had me toting an inch socket set in my metric rig, sheesh...). Swapped the battery, came in to pay and the bill was forty-something bucks. I reminded him about the battery - he said he fixed it, close enough on the warranty and I was a nice Customer. He did point out that less than nice Customers get to pay....

O'Reilly's, here at least, even tho a chain store is very customer-friendly. Loaning tools, etc. Like you and your car repair shop, they have done what it takes to earn repeat customers.

That's great for the no charge. I will say aluminum rims suck bad. I worked in a tire shop when I was younger and I saw this alot. Everytime time the tire is off the rim either for repair or new tires they need to clean the hell out of the rim where the tire seats against it.

How often does a Company surprise you?
I've had a problem with a slow leak on a couple of tires. Old aluminum rims just don't hold air well. Had in the shop twice and still there.
Today I got off work to find my tire pump on the fritz and needing air. Went to Rieley's got a new one and still could not get either to take air. One was waaayyy low.
It's Sat so that means 99% of repair shops are closed, except the Dealerships...ARRRGGHHHH
Off to Brunswick Subaru I go. 1 1/2 hrs later the guy tells me it's ready and to see the cashier.
Saturday, Dealership....My brain is just repeating Ka-Ching, Ka-Ching...
Get up to the cute little 20 something and just hand her the credit card saying "Don't tell me, just ring it up". She grins at me and asks to sign "Here & "Here". I do.
She hands me the credit card and receipt. "No charge Sir".
Ask her for a date! ;) 💥

Back