Who needs glass this big?

That’s sweet and all, but does it zoom to 100?? If it doesn’t zoom in past what we already have, not sure you’re really gaining much. My 82 mm goes to 70x, and it’s heavy enough.

The OP wanted to know "Who needs glass this big...."

Well, most of us. I do.
Because most of us believe — bigger is better.
Doooh! 😄

But seriously, imagine a glass & stalk hunt with his monster....
Better have a buddy that's willing to lug it around including the required industrial grade tripod....! 🤣

Matthias

I saw an ad from outdoorsman's pop up for a new spotter from swarovski. 115mm spotting scope....good lord, are people glassing across two counties? I'm all for better innovation and quality but bigger isn't always better. This just seems useless unless all you do is hunt out of a truck.

View attachment 158709
Wow!
would you take it with you on your hunting trip!

Even doing more precision based IBS type matches with the 223 Rem out to 400 yards.
Dang small holes!
:D

I'll post a pic of wife's rifle after i put it back together.
Doing some more trigger work. :rolleyes:

If I had stupid money, I would buy lots of stupid things too and make good use of them.

I'd probably have a helper carry them around for me too!!!

I bet a btx set up on that wouldn’t be more that 8 pounds the weight of some rifles. My 95 is 6 pounds.

There's a lot of confusion in this thread. So many people are talking about seeing a long ways with this new 115 Swaro but the objective lens size has nothing to do with being able to see farther.....it's still a 30-70 zoom range. It will gather more light and have a wider FOV but that is it. I would think people would understand that, but maybe not.

Back