Who here lives and hunts in New Hampshire or other parts of New England?

I lived in Dover and worked in Durham, N. H. for a couple of years in the 1990s.
Nice for most folks, but not my cup of tea...I moved back out west as quickly as I could.

Nice because 15 minutes from the ocean, an hour away from Boston,
an hour away from the White Mountains National Forest, etc.
The winters were I lived were mostly ice storms and it seemed crowded too me.
Summers were humid with black flies, ticks and lymes disease, but lakes and fish scattered throughout.
Great if your into history, antiques, hardwood woodworking, lobster, striped bass in salt water, hockey, small towns, etc.
No sales or income tax but among the highest property tax rate in the US.
In short, life is MORE than just a BEACH.

1651620398426.png

New England, then, might just not be worth it even living close to an ocean. Oklahoma where I live now also has horrible summer humidity not to mention flash floods and tornadoes. Boise, Idaho climate is dry as a bone but real estate there now is almost as bad as Central Valley, CA. The winter humidity is so low in Boise and that has aggravated my sinus troubles living there. Northern California had the perfect climate and terrain, but they just have had bad folks in government there and it's not now a state for non-rich folks. I grew up in Northern California as a late boomer and the cost of living and real estate was reasonable before the 1990's. If CA were otherwise run by pro-gun/pro-hunting conservatives, that state would be perfect. Lack of immigration control totally decimated the California economy as it is has decimated other parts of America as well.

When California businesses, including real estate and banking, were dominated by American citizens of western European ancestry, it was a great state for even the working class and the middle class. I am an American of that western European heritage demographic.

Last edited:
In short, life is MORE than just a BEACH.

View attachment 221261

New England, then, might just not be worth it even living close to an ocean. Oklahoma where I live now also has horrible summer humidity not to mention flash floods and tornadoes. Boise, Idaho climate is dry as a bone but real estate there now is almost as bad as Central Valley, CA. The winter humidity is so low in Boise and that has aggravated my sinus troubles living there. Northern California had the perfect climate and terrain, but they just have had bad folks in government there and it's not now a state for non-rich folks. I grew up in Northern California as a late boomer and the cost of living and real estate was reasonable before the 1990's. If CA were otherwise run by pro-gun/pro-hunting conservatives, that state would be perfect. Lack of immigration control totally decimated the California economy as it is has decimated other parts of America as well.

When California businesses, including real estate and banking, were dominated by American citizens of western European ancestry, it was a great state for even the working class and the middle class. I am an American of that western European heritage demographic.
4vgkf3.jpg

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winchester 73
Back