Who all put in for elk unit 61 Colorado

My understanding, as I live in unit 70, is most people around here won't really waste the time. Apparently not what it used to be coupled with how much of it is private.

My understanding, as I live in unit 70, is most people around here won't really waste the time. Apparently not what it used to be coupled with how much of it is private.
off base by a lot. Have you been in 61 or just heard about it?

What would average hunter want to hunt unit 62 or 61 bull tag?

unit 62 has Restriction and bull must have 4 points?

unit 61 has no restriction so antlers must meet the minimum of 5 inches

What it means you can shoot spike and counts as bull kill. There is no way you can find out how many bull elk killed unit 61 under 4pt restriction that unit 62 has.

We have 27 games units with no restriction on bull elk taken. I'm not going to hunt put in for draw elk tag unit 61 or any of those units.

Only 15 percent

It seems I misquoted the amount of private. I apologize. That said I know a lot of guys who have hunted here for multiple decades and say the quality isn't what it used to be. As I mentioned, I live in 70. Been up there but never hunting.

What would average hunter want to hunt unit 62 or 61 bull tag?

unit 62 has Restriction and bull must have 4 points?

unit 61 has no restriction so antlers must meet the minimum of 5 inches

What it means you can shoot spike and counts as bull kill. There is no way you can find out how many bull elk killed unit 61 under 4pt restriction that unit 62 has.

We have 27 games units with no restriction on bull elk taken. I'm not going to hunt put in for draw elk tag unit 61 or any of those units.
61 is a top end unit, for resident takes any where from 9 points up to 20 depending on the season. I sure the hell am not burning 9 points on a unit to shoot a spike. Just cause it is allowed doesn't mean it really happens.

I hunted it last year. I scouted a couple days before season and only counted 19 mature bulls....What a rip off!

This was the best of them.

It's a crappy picture taken from 1.5 miles away.

Attachments

• 20210428_172908.jpg
    20210428_172908.jpg
    417.5 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
Opening morning plans didn't pan out so I went after diminutive bull #2 and killed him in his sleep mid afternoon.

He's an old tank of a bull who's teeth were worn to the gum line. He was only a 5x5 that rough scores in the 320 ballpark.

I complained to GFP about the inferior genetics, poor dental hygiene and about the lack of safe hunting that crowded hunting provides.

If I were to fall on my knife which I always carry unsheathed for cat and bear attacks, who would save me?

Attachments

• 20201107_160707.jpg
    20201107_160707.jpg
    8.4 MB · Views: 41
Last edited:
Back