Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Whitetail ?

I'm currently chasing them here in Colorado with my 30/06. Screwed up and hesitated last night on a nice one. He didn't wait :cry:
I hate that. I still have visions of a big mountain buck that was about 6 oz of trigger pull from coming home with me.

Currently bow hunting whitetails here in Iowa as our rut is just starting. Only seeing small bucks so far but the cruisers should be showing up in the next couple weeks. Also going to hunt our late muzzle loader season.

Reactions: Guy
Missouri: bow currently.
Later .257 Wby, then muzzleloader if I haven't gotten my buck yet.
I'm headed to NW Nebraska in a couple of weeks with the .257 to hunt for for either whitetail or mule deer, which ever cooperates first.

Hunting NY now with .300 Win Mag. Already took a buck there with Muzzle Loader. Vt. beginning on 11/14 with .270. Kansas in December with .300 Win Mag.

I'll be here in Kentucky hunting them.

I'll be using the trusty JC Penney Marlin 30-30 and my new 7 Rem Mag for modern gun.
Hunted early muzzleloader, and plan to go during late muzzleloader.

Added a Diamond Infinite Edge Pro to my tool chest this year.
I may hunt it come January if we have some unseasonably warm days.

Once modern gun rolls out and duck season opens, its hard to get my butt back in a deer stand instead of the duck blind!

Chasing after a nice bodied 8 point in Central MN with my trusty Mathews bow for another week or so. Getting really hard not to harvest a doe in the area. Unfortunately I'm in a one deer area so will hold out a bit longer. Switch over to the CWD area in S.E. MN with my Mossberg rifled slug gun and then Muzzle season. Hoping to hit another state for a 3-4 day hunt but having troubles with arrangements and sorting through all rules.

I was planning on whitetail hunting with a 6.5 CM in Idaho around Thanksgiving. However, with the uptick in COVID cases, it is likely that trip will be canceled. If it is, I will use the Creedmoor or a 223 or a 300 RUM or a 338 LM (or all) in West Virginia.

I've been chasing them with a hoyt bow since archery season opened here in mn. Next weekend I'll chase them with a 338wm or 270.

Just to get everyone interested in hunting this season, a buck I photographed a few weeks ago:

ZEqBpyBh.jpg

What are you using for whitetail this year? And where are you going? If I get out for them, it will be here in Washington state.

Guy
Got my first Kansas buck this season. It was also my first crossbow deer. The coyotes got to him before we did unfortunately.

Attachments

• E1802FD8-59C9-43AD-A52A-FD177F6625DC.jpeg
    E1802FD8-59C9-43AD-A52A-FD177F6625DC.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 8
  • 76E29C36-1818-4BEB-B4E1-B07B1A099D2A.jpeg
    76E29C36-1818-4BEB-B4E1-B07B1A099D2A.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 8
Just to get everyone interested in hunting this season, a buck I photographed a few weeks ago:

ZEqBpyBh.jpg

What are you using for whitetail this year? And where are you going? If I get out for them, it will be here in Washington state.

Guy
I hunt whitetail in WI with bow and 6.5 CM.

Reactions: Guy
Great pic!
Hunting whitetails in my home state of NJ. So far got an 8pt., 7pt., and two does, all archery. Looking forward to muzzleloader season now which starts the Monday after thanksgiving.

Ive been having pretty good luck with my Prime this year. Already filled my two buck tags in IL, debating on grabbing a WI tag and hitting the public up there.

Attachments

• 1103200928b_HDR.jpg
    1103200928b_HDR.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 1
  • 1026201654a.jpg
    1026201654a.jpg
    8.2 MB · Views: 1

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member