Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

which varmint rifle

IndyBrad

I was wanting to get some opinions on what I should get. Should I get a Win, Rem, Savage... I know there all good rifles, just wanted to hear your thoughts.

Wow, what a question. It would be a matter of opinion of a person who has used a particular rifle. I have experience with Remington (700 VS 22-250), Savage (11 22-250) and a RockRiver Arms AR-15 (223). My Savage is as accurate as my 700 VS and costed alot less. Both are terrific group shooters and have taken many coyotes with them. I have no experience with Winchester.
Now, with the AR-15. I have been totally impressed with everything about it. I doubt I will get my bolt guns out this year.
If I had to choose I would pick an AR, but that wasn't one of the three you mentioned. So, I would have to say take your pick out of the Remington and the Savage. They are both awesome.
GOOD LUCK

God Bless,

Song Dog

I agree with you on the AR-15.....I have a M4A1 (AR-15) With a 4-position stock.....A-2 Flash Hider....It is a .223 and i have a .22 conversion kit for it....The AR is a great gun......

Yeah the AR-15 is a sweet varmit gun. I have the AR-15 bushmaster varmiter. Accurate as hell even with factory ammo. Fun for Prarie dogs and coyotes also. My setup was about $1600, but well worth it.

What will you be using the gun for mainly? The AR-15 is great. If you are going to be doing a lot of walking, you might consider the Remington LSV with the synthetic stock and fluted barrel. That is a sweet little shooter at very minimal weight.

I have had good luck with Savages and a CZ-527 in .223. A Tikka in .22-250 is also a great shooter. Do you want a heavy barrel, prairie dog gun or a carry-around rifle, pehaps for predators?

This rifles purpose will be for varmints and taget practice. I won't be doing alot of walking. I live in Indiana and where I hunt I only have to walk about 2 to 400 yards to my stands. I was thinking of the rem VS SFII, VSF, or a Win mod 70 Stealth II. Ive got a Mod 70 Ranger in 223, but I want something Bad #$&. Thanks for all your help.

I have to agree with harley i have a lvsf in .223 and .17 and they are very accurate, i load alot of different types of bullets ranging from the xbullet to the berger mef and all have shot under an inch, more like 1/2 inch groups. They are light and very accurate. If you decide now I think that remington has a special on the lvsf style rifles. My .17 was about 150$ cheaper than the .223. So now is the time for a very sweeeeeeet!! rifle. Hope this helps HAPPY HUNTING

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrGeauxNewMexico
Back