Which Chrony?

ruger243223

Is there a difference in which chrony to buy, I would like to spend around 200-250. Is there a better choice. HAPPY HUNTING hump

Rug243223, I bought your typical, plain old Shooting Chrony Beta on sale from MidwayUSA for around $100. Simple to set up, 9 volt battery lasts a long time, it's easy to pack around and the lcd can be read from 10 to 20 feet away no problem. I had it gork out on me in a rain storm once, but as soon as I dried it out, it started to work just fine again.
Not very sexy, no bells and whistles or printer, but it sure lets me know when I'm paying attention to details or not when I'm reloading. Gotta love it when your standard deviation is only 4fps between 5 shots. The Chrony also kicks you in the teeth and lets you know what a dummy you are... like when I hotrodded a .300 mag too hot by mistake. Those little machines also let you know if you can trust a certain reloading manual or not, because they sure can debunk certain loads -or make total lies out of others. Dave

I will look into it. I think that cabelas sells the pact. I will look to see and hope to get one soon. HAPPY HUNTING

I use a base model Shooting Chrony too. Think I paid all of $70 for it. Works great for my shooting with bow & gun, can't ask for much more than that.

ruger243223 said:
Is there a difference in which chrony to buy, I would like to spend around 200-250. Is there a better choice. HAPPY HUNTING hump
I think Karl Rove is available....oh wait...not THAT kind of chrony...my bad.

I'm another guy with the Shooting Chrony. I got my "Master" from Midway USA when they were on sale a few years ago. Mine has the remote, attached read-out so I can look at it and do the various functions right from the bench, and it can be hooked up to a printer.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PerezA
Back