Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Which ballistics calculator program

Aussie_hunter_JD

As above,

I have always just relied on my brothers but these days I hunt more with my other brother and neither of us have one on our phones.

Any suggestions?

As above,

I have always just relied on my brothers but these days I hunt more with my other brother and neither of us have one on our phones.

Any suggestions?

Good question. I was just looking on the "Google Store" for that very thing. I'm interested to see what people are using, and if they are paying for the app. There is an older thread that addressed this topic, but it kind of filtered out with little suggestions.

I downloaded the Hornady app and I have been looking at it.

Thanks Aussie_hunter_JD for posting this thread!

I should add my brother got the shootet app back when it was free. It's $10-15 now, unless people can recommend something better I'm leaning toward that.

Another vote for Strelok. For the most part, you can just print a dope sheet out. Unless you know how to navigate the rabbit hole, I'd stay away from it.

Another vote for Strelok Pro.
Lots of reticles, so if you have the time, you can see what it will look like through your scope.
G1 & G7 bullet data base.
BC or velocity truing.
Blue tooth to Krestel, or online weather app.
The list goes on...

I used to use strelok, but when I started shooting ELD-X's, I found it to not be accurate. For those bullets I use the Hornady 4DOF calculator and have found it to be very accurate when I have verified it out at distance.

I have been doing good with Streloc free download app. with four of my 338's a 300 ultra and my Son in laws 300 win. Out to 1500 yrds.
I have some new gear for my ultra long range 338 Edge so I'm thinking about the Applied Ballistic app.
My goal is 2500 yards +
If your just hunting get the free Streloc program its simple to set up and fast to use.

The 300 win. He uses 215 bergers
My 300 ultra has the 210 Noslers
The 338 Rum is pushing 285 Eldm
The three 338 Edges run the 300 Smk and 300 Berger's .
More testing coming very soon !!

MT.PERCHMAN

I ended up downloading streloc free last night and played around with it for my 275 so I will test it out this weekend.

I don't run a scope on my 9.3 but I'm guessing the bullet drop will be close enough for the distances I shoot.

Need a new set of dies for my 30-06 and then I'll load some 150gn ttsx through her and work up something with this program too.

Thanks fellas

Back