Caribou Gear Tarp

Where to go?

Calif. Hunter

(I'm sure some of you will have some suggestions for me... ;) :eek: hump )

Our usual access route into good elk country has been shut down, due to a land swap with the NM state lands and the Double H ranch (RMEF). :MAD |oo

So - I am looking for suggestions on where to go for a decent muley. Now I know you aren't going to post your hot spots on the web, but if someone has room for an extra guy or two, send me an email or a PM.

I can go outfitted, within reason, if I need to, but would really prefer decent public land. I may just spend a lot of time with the topo maps to see if there is a way to get to the area we used to hunt, by hoofing it over the intervening range of mountains.

After years of hunting and finally finding a decent area for bull elk, it just frosts me to have the area landlocked behind locked gates!

Isn't there a back way into the area or is it closed completly? But since I don't really hunt your area then I have no idea really.
Quick Draw

i was goona suggest an atv.............but you gotta have the build for one of those. cali ,are you a fat bastard?

Try the Tom Moore Canyon area on the east side of the Gila. It's about half way between Membres River Valley and Reserve NM.. It's public land, there are a few deer and you have most of the country to yourself.

:cool:

Back