Where can I find some

I hunt a lot in deep snow,so I can tell you what works as a second best alternative for me.I don't fool with gaiters.I have Rocky "Tall Timber" goretex boots,which are about 15 inches high,or close to it.I also blouse my pants army style,with blousing bungees,which can be bought at any hunting store [very small cammo bungee cords].You can also use large rubber bands.

By days end the bottom of my pantslegs are wet but I can't feel it,because my boots are underneath,and the pantsleg bottoms have stayed at ankleheighth where they belong.I don't even notice they're wet until I get home.Don't count on the tie strings at the bottom of most of todays hunting pants to do the job for you,most of the time they cause more wet feet than they prevent.The idea is to keep the snow out of the tops of your boots,and using this method I've never had to use gaiters.If the snow is above my boottops,I still don't get wet feet,just wet calves.Most of the time if you're hunting in knee high snow,you won't be moving a lot without snowshoes anyway.

Doe's duct tape ring a bell!!!
eek.gif

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

http://www.cabelas.com

i940780vr01.jpg

I'd recomend getting the gortex gaiters. If you go for the plastic coated cheapies, your legs will ache at the end of a day of hard walking. I can say that because I have a pair of the cheap ones.
biggrin.gif

Doug

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 07-11-2003 20:31: Message edited by: Doug ]</font>

HAHAHA!!!John...Did you try the camo so that you could blend in more...I also don't think you are supposed to attach the things to hairy legs...LOL...
biggrin.gif

JB, Be brave and spring for a good pair of snow packs.. They only cost about $35 to $70 and they will work wonders for keeping your feet dry and warm..

cool.gif

Well, ya.. Sorel is one make. I have Brownings and Yukons.. both. A heavy set for places like Jackson in November and a lighter pair for places like Arizona in November. Between the two of them, I've got about $75.00 invested...

cool.gif

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back