When we will get the last 1/2 hour of hunting back???

yooper

This one REALLY makes me hot: Remember the all-time low duck numbers of the late 80's and early 90's? And remember the restrctive regs imposed upon the waterfowling community (as if we didn't already have enough to contend with)?

One of those rules was closing hunting hours at sunset, versus the 1/2 after. If memory serves, the U.S. F&W Service assured waterfowlers that we would be getting that last half-hour back once duck numbers stabilized.

Well......

We had all-time highs for the last few years? So why haven't we gotten that last 1/2 hour - the BEST time to be out hunting - reinstated?

Hmmmmmmmmmmm........

------------------

VEGETARIAN: Indian word meaning 'Bad Hunter'

I'm pretty sure we aren't going to get that time back yooper. There may be other explanations, but I think that's just what we've got to put up with when beaurocrats start meddling in duck season. Another thing that bothers me is that here we don't allow Sunday hunting, but Sundays are still included in the number of days alloted for our season. In other words if the feds give us 60 days, our season is automatically reduced to about 52 or 53 days. I try not to think about it anymore, but there it is.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atlasbranch
Back