Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

when to breed??

josh

I know most dogs mature at 7 mos. or so, but at what age do you think a female is really ready to be bred?

Josh
I wouldn't breed before a dog is at least one year of adg.But I absolutely would NOT BREED until the dog has proven her self as a hound.Theres to Manny pot lickers out there already!!! just because someone breed just any old dog to any old jip.Breed Good dogs and lessen the chances for duds.
Just my opinion.

------------------
We having fun yet//Tobey

thanks, Tobey
I couldent agree more!!!
I have a 5 month old walker that is running and treeing on her own... The other night I took her out by herself, she treed a coon right away
biggrin.gif
I didnt even have a gun with me, so I had to walk home and get it. It sure was nice to hear her treeing the whole time, when I got back she was still treeing hard!!
I know she is young and still has a long way to go, But all indications say she'l be a keeper
biggrin.gif

I have always went with the second time she came in or at least 1yr of age and ONLY if she is proven and I neeed pups.

------------------
If there isn't any dogs in heaven .....IAINT GOIN

Whew!!! I just looked at the title here and wondered what you were talking about. Sure glad it's only dogs.

------------------
cros_anm.gif

I would have to say.........When the lights go out!!HEHEHE
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
bcat I just had a female black and tan crawl over a 8 foot fence and got in with my big redbone male. I guess its OK tho the last litter they had together turned out to be awsome!
biggrin.gif
I usually like them to have at least one heat cycle or be at least a year old before breeding.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back