What’s your occupation?

Fire_9

I’m always kind of curious what people do for work. I grew up with a dad that always worked in an industrial setting so that’s what I gravitated towards.

Currently I’m working as a Technician on a crude oil pipeline. It’s kind of an all encompassing role (electrical, mechanical, and operations) but I worked as an instrumentation technician at my previous jobs in the coal and paper industries.

So, what do you do to pay the bills?

Fire_9, “Finally” retired! Most of my adult life I’ve worked in plant type facilities as an operator (shift work). Started in a paper mill, then on to a plastics plant (low density/high pressure polyethylene), and finally the final 26 years in a sour-gas plant producing methane!

With the present stock market crash.....I may be paying the bills using a ski mask, and nightly calls to the local “stop and rob”! :pmemtb

I'm an ag mechanic for a family that has a dairy, heifer ranch and their own small creamery. There's always lots of work but I'm rarely doing the same thing everyday, lots of welding, some electrical, plumbing, servicing and repairing tractors...sometimes I'm scraping pens and moving cows if we are short-handed. The only bad part is I work 5 1/2 days a week and only get a week of vacation a year so my available hunting time is limited unfortunately.

I am currently a Justice of the Peace (Judge) most days, Football Coach in the fall. Previously in Law Enforcement.

Last edited:
I work for an agricultural supply company as operations manager/admin/inside sales.
I began installing fences in 2000, and have kept that as a side job while working in the ag industry.
The fence money helps pay for my hunting habits! I am not a huge big game hunter; mostly waterfowl which eats most of my extra $$!

29 years in the automotive field. 10 years as a technician/Service manager/store manager and the last 19 as an OEM Factory Rep. Volvo, Harley-Davidson, Nissan and now Audi. Never thought when I answered an add in the paper for "tire buster" at the age of 17 it would lead to all this. 7 homes in 7 states, 4 daughters born in 4 different states, friends all over this country... It has been good.

Taxidermist and I also am an instructor for an organization that teaches parents and there kids fishing, shooting, archery and fly tying/fishing

I've retired. I had a bunch of different jobs, I get bored easily :). Military and commercial refrigeration were my longest gigs.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back