PEAX Equipment

What’s your FOC?

RSET

For folks who measure it, what’s your FOC, and are you happy with it? I’m currently around 13%, but would increase it if my spines could handle it. Too late in the game this year to upgrade my arrows, especially with an early elk hunt looming. There’s always next year, though!

My arrow set up for bears is roughly 22%. I'm currently building my elk arrows. I've got 175 grains upfront between insert and BH on FMJ 300's.

I'm right around 22% as well with 300 grains up front on my trad setup. I'm plenty satisfied.

My arrow set up for bears is roughly 22%. I'm currently building my elk arrows. I've got 175 grains upfront between insert and BH on FMJ 300's.
Out of curiosity, did you start lower than that and work your way up? If so, how did it improve?

Why use anything different between species? My last arrow set up I bought 2 dozen of a decade ago and finally got low enough this year that I had to find something new.

About 20%. Think I’m at 625 gr total.

I tried several configurations and that shot the best. Although lower velocity than what I started at 10+ years ago. But I can shoot bare shafts and get awesome broadhead flight from the same bow.

18.7% for my elk setup. 616gr total. 217fps 🚀. (Lighted nock, 2" Quickfletch, Victory 300, 100gr insert, 175gr Grizzlystik Samurai single bevel.)

16% for my deer setup. 501gr total. 256fps. (Lighted nock, 2" Blazers, Victory 350, 100gr insert, 100gr Slick Trick.)

Have to remember to sight in when switching. Don't ask me how I know.

Back