What's Up With Wal-Mart

wyomingtim

(Feel free to move this to the SI section if you see fit)

I heard the tail end of a news report on WJBO online broadcast, and they were saying something about WalMart not selling guns in their stores anymore. Anyone else know more of the story? DO they not realize that it is the people who were traditionally the regular joe that believes in God and Guns :D that made their company the largest retailer in the US? This is rather disturbing to me.

Tim- They stopped out here a few (K-forny) years ago...still have em' in the racks but can't/won't sell them. I still did most my business at the mom-n-pops but it was nice to get a price reference on some of the common stuff.

Reason out here was quite a few violations they got slapped with...here's a link on some of the initial probs:

Gun sales

and this was the "settlement" with the state:

Settlement

Another reason is the 50 cent an hour Chinee factories don't make guns. Maybe they will be putting in a fireworks section and noodle lounge where the guns used to be.

Apparently a lot of the "illegal firearm acquisitions" in New Orleans were made from Wal-Marts. That's just a rumor I heard, I don't know if it's based on fact or not.

There still selling them here also,in fact they asked our gun club if we could give a two day gun saftey and general hunting talk to customers. I thought it was a move in the right direction for them and us. Bill

ringer said:
Another reason is the 50 cent an hour Chinee factories don't make guns. Maybe they will be putting in a fireworks section and noodle lounge where the guns used to be.

Holy shit thats funny! :D

Back