What's the best

It's what works for you. For me it's a 12 ga pump, with matt finish, 28 inch barrel, 3 inch magnum loaded with #4's. Oh- extra full choke.

Whatever you happen to be standing with when one of the buggers walk by!!!
wink.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

This is what I use 12 guage with a full choke.A 3" 6 shot Remington magnum load.I dont have a decoy (yet).Any type of camo that looks like the terrain you will be hunting.I use a Penns woods Box call and I also use a custom made slate call,I also have a crow call for a locator.

OK I'll play,

GUN Ithaca mdl 37, full choke (old non screw-in)
SHOT still working loads but #6 hevi-shot is lookin' good
SHELL BRAND Western XX 2 3/4" high base/high brass
CHOKE TUBE ain't got one (see above)
CALLS homemade e-caller w/CD I made myself
CAMO Ajerbijan (Russian) Col.s BDU
DECOY haven't got one yet (but I will try to get a decoy heart for whichever one I get)

http://www.decoyheart.com/page2.htm

Jeff
wave1.gif

well i live here in kansas and consider my self an avid hunter of bird and this is what i use.

gun- mossberg 835 ultimag that chambers 2 3/4", 3", and 3 1/2" shells

choke- i have a 15 dollar extra full choke i got at wallmart.

shot and shells- i use size #4 shot and any 3 1/2" magnum loads work, although i prefer federals.

calls- i have one diaphram call i use its a single reed "double d" call made by h.s. strut, i also have a couple of slate calls that i love.

camo- like anything that blends with where ur hunting and make sure to leave no skin showing, complete cammo everywhere.

decoy- i dont use one, cuz i dont think they are necessary.

hope this helps!

Alright I use a mossberg 500 with a extra full turkey choke covered completele in camoclad camo tape. Winchester super x Cooperplated #6 in 3 inch. I use quacker boy calls 2 mouth calls and a box and push button. I use a hen and jake deco cant remember who makes them and realtree extra brown camo.
hump.gif

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 04-04-2003 23:19: Message edited by: Heavy Chevy ]</font>

Ok I use a Rem. 870 super ex.mag 2 3/4--3 1/2 Use 3 or 3 1/2 federal # 4, 5. Choke H.S. strut under taker (super full) Cammo cabella's seclusion 3-d Decoy's Fether flex hen and jake, I have a tom but have not used it.

When did or does the Id season open? Any one doing any good yet? Cameron

I use a Mossburg M500 12ga #in. Mag with a Carlson's ported turkey choke. I use winchester XX Mag. Turkey Loads with 2 oz of #6 shot.
I try to use whatever camo looks to match best where I am hunting..
I normally only use mouth diaphram calls. I carry from 8 to 12 of them (or more) that produce a little different tones. I also carry a couple of box calls (don't know why, never use them) and a slate with three different strikers.
I use a crow call (one of the older wooden ones) for roosting mostly but also use a Circe varmint call (Jackrabbit reed) to roost on occasions. You'd probably be surprised at the number of gobblers I've roosted with it when they wouldn't respond to anything else.
I have and on occasion use Sceery second generation inflatable decoys. I have four of 'em but normally only use one or two if I use them at all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MontanaPete59102
Back