What's on the smoker today?

I was happy with it not as tender as the slow cooker but not tough. The wife made homemade pasta and I added the shredded shank and a couple spoonfuls of the au jus over top and it was amazing. For not being a big hunk of meat it sure was a long cook 12 hours plus a 40 minute rest at 225 degrees.

I was happy with it not as tender as the slow cooker but not tough. The wife made homemade pasta and I added the shredded shank and a couple spoonfuls of the au jus over top and it was amazing. For not being a big hunk of meat it sure was a long cook 12 hours plus a 40 minute rest at 225 degrees.
I think I’ll stick with the pressure cooker Oso Buco for the soup bones. That’s too much work.

Has anyone vacuum packed cooked ribs and briskets? Thinking about stocking up for winter. Maybe just reheating in hot/boiling water.

Has anyone vacuum packed cooked ribs and briskets? Thinking about stocking up for winter. Maybe just reheating in hot/boiling water.
I preseason my ribs and vacuum seal them UNCOOKED. There are always leftover smoked brisket that gets cubed and vacuum sealed. I label it as stew meat, by the time you defrost it and add to your meal it's usually 1/3 the size it was cubed originally. There just isn't enough meat on ribs for me to justify taking up freezer space after they've been cooked. Get out the pressure cooker and make stock with the cooked ribs and then can it.

Whenever I make pulled pork I make at least 4 butts. We eat some and vaccuum seal the rest in 1.5 pound packages. Left over brisket gets chopped up and treated the same. Makes for easy dinners, tacos, soups, scrambled eggs…

Whenever I make pulled pork I make at least 4 butts. We eat some and vaccuum seal the rest in 1.5 pound packages. Left over brisket gets chopped up and treated the same. Makes for easy dinners, tacos, soups, scrambled eggs…
I do the same with the pork butts. Works great on loaded baked potatoes too.

2 briskets and 3 pork butts for daughters graduation party. Buddy smoked brisket for me and threatened to smoke a deer leg also. Also smoked some chicken legs and brats so could make defibrillator sandwich. Brisket competition bbq sauce onion jalapeño coleslaw and a smoked sausage. Stress of event people showing up I never took pic of finished. On at 11 pm wrapped at 530 foil and tallow and broth and or apple cider and grape juice (out of apple) put in oven 250 till 205 and let cool and put back in oven 170 to hold. Got apple pear and plum wood from buddy with dead trees in orchard. Wife didnt like my idea of 30 lbs of chicken legs as back up if ran out of meat so just made 5lbs just in case. People liked it couldnt believe i did all that.20230715_100439.jpg20230714_234722.jpg20230714_234706.jpg

Attachments

• 20230714_213041.jpg
    20230714_213041.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 4
  • 20230714_234706.jpg
    20230714_234706.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 4
2 briskets and 3 pork butts for daughters graduation party. Buddy smoked brisket for me and threatened to smoke a deer leg also. Also smoked some chicken legs and brats so could make defibrillator sandwich. Brisket competition bbq sauce onion jalapeño coleslaw and a smoked sausage. Stress of event people showing up I never took pic of finished. On at 11 pm wrapped at 530 foil and tallow and broth and or apple cider and grape juice (out of apple) put in oven 250 till 205 and let cool and put back in oven 170 to hold. Got apple pear and plum wood from buddy with dead trees in orchard. Wife didnt like my idea of 30 lbs of chicken legs as back up if ran out of meat so just made 5lbs just in case. People liked it couldnt believe i did all that.View attachment 284184View attachment 284185View attachment 284189
"Onion jalepeno coleslaw" gotta try that one out. Fresh or pickled peppers?

Fresh sliced really thin. It is Sweet Onions, jalapeños, and coleslaw on top with smoked sausage on top of that. Sorry punctuation matters, I know. That actually sounds better without commas. I do red cabbage, jalapeños and onions with apple cider vinegar for fish tacos

View attachment 284163
Pork butt went on the smoker at 6am this morning. Going to pair it with a little eastern North Carolina vinegar dip that I’m experimenting with or prickly pear/chile pepper barbecue sauce I whipped up for the Fourth.
Could you post the prickly pear sauce? That sounds really cool and different. Not a big sauce guy but that sounds great.

Fresh sliced really thin. It is Sweet Onions, jalapeños, and coleslaw on top with smoked sausage on top of that. Sorry punctuation matters, I know. That actually sounds better without commas. I do red cabbage, jalapeños and onions with apple cider vinegar for fish tacos
I dont care about the punctuation, now I gotta try adding fresh Jalepenos to my slaw!

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mtbirdandbiggamehunter
Back