What's on the smoker today?

Picked the Jalapeno and Cayenne pepper plants clean and tilled up the garden. Saved some of the Jalapenos for poppers and put all the rest in the smoker for about 3 1/2 hours. Drying them out further and will make more chili powder tomorrow. No "during' pics this time. We'll see how green Cayenne peppers do smoked and dried.

Yeah, I could never get bark like that on my previous electric smoker. Charcoal and wood mix with indirect heat is the ticket! Other than the amount of charcoal it consumes, I’ve been really happy with the results I’m getting from my Masterbuilt Gravity Feed smoker. Pretty innovative concept borrowed from pellet grills and adapted to charcoal/wood.

Technically not “today” on the smoker, but that’s one thing I love about pork shoulder - tons of options for leftovers. Carnitas tacos. Fried up some leftover pulled pork from last week with some fresh cilantro, jalapeño, red onion, avocado and some cotija cheese. And homemade margarita (4 parts blanco tequila, 2 parts fresh lime juice, 1 part orange liqueur). 😋

27B4F987-9BF4-4AAE-B745-A0D9AE674C19.jpeg

Never had a good experience grilling rabbit. Let me know how that goes.

This was the first time I've grilled a rabbit, so I really didn't know what to expect. I let the rabbit sit overnight in lightly salted milk, then marinated for a couple hours in oil and Traeger's poultry rub and it turned out pretty good! My kids liked it enough to ask when we were going rabbit hunting again!

This was the first time I've grilled a rabbit, so I really didn't know what to expect. I let the rabbit sit overnight in lightly salted milk, then marinated for a couple hours in oil and Traeger's poultry rub and it turned out pretty good! My kids liked it enough to ask when we were going rabbit hunting again!
I tried it before without marinade and it dried out bad. Will retry when my kid gets his first bunny.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back