What's in the brand name?

Did he wear a Colt in Green Beret? For him to make that movie was just too much. Seeing that phony WWII draft dodger always patriotically wrapping himself in the US flag made me wanna puke. Really bugged my dad, a WWII disabled vet. Wayne always bragged that he stole his trademark holding-reins-in-front walk from Tom Mix. Mix was the real deal, a genuine cowboy and rodeo champ. John Wayne was a genuine fake.
He was no James Doohan that's for sure.

Did he wear a Colt in Green Beret? For him to make that movie was just too much. Seeing that phony WWII draft dodger always patriotically wrapping himself in the US flag made me wanna puke. Really bugged my dad, a WWII disabled vet. Wayne always bragged that he stole his trademark holding-reins-in-front walk from Tom Mix. Mix was the real deal, a genuine cowboy and rodeo champ. John Wayne was a genuine fake.
The last thing I want to do is make anyone sick, so I changed it to Jimmy Stewart, he served admirably in WW2 and played in a western or two

Savage, with its former "Indian-head" logo, kind of makes me wonder...
IIRC the guy’s name was Savage, AND the logo was actually suggested by an “Indian”(that’s what they called them at the time) chief who liked the guns.

Back