Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

What ya doing this weekend?

SilverDollars

Howdy. With so much going on the hunting world at the moment, I wanted to ask, "What ya doing this weekend"?

For me: I'm prepping for our whitetail rifle season which opens in a couple of weeks. I need to and will reload some of these for the hunt. I'm getting a little low on loaded ammo for these two and thought I'd beef up my inventory of them.
257 Roberts in 110 gr
300 Savage in 150gr & 165gr

To the range this next week after work to confirm these loads, which I know well.
:cool:

I finished prepping 300 5.56mm cases and got them in tumbler tonight. Resized a couple of hundred 45 Colt and 45 ACP cases.
I have pistol powder, but none of my favorite 5.56/.223 powder.

Tomorrow I will prep and polish about 500 9mm and 380 Auto cases.

I'm thinking it might be time to sell some brass, but 9mm isn't bringing much compared to other calibers.

Today i'm verifing zero and drop on my 6 hunting rifles.
250 Savage with 100gr Ballistic Tip.
257 Roberts with 115gr Ballistic Tip.
257 Roberts AI with 120gr Partition.
284 Win with 150gr Ballistic Tip.
280 Win with 150gr ABLR.
7mm Rem Mag with 150gr ABLR.

Hopefully more fun than being in a wet treestand on an overcast PA day.

Going to the last RMEF pa banquet for 2021 in clearfield pa today.
maybe go hangout at the elk check station on Monday. Rifle season runs next week starting Monday. And then I need to get serious about filling my buck tag (archery)

Well, my plans changed yesterday.
Friend came over to go to the range with me & check a couple of his rifles too.
We got to talking about his wanting to build a 284 Win.
So we went to gun shops instead. Plan was to buy a Zastava Mauser that one shop had.
Got there & they were sold out.
So stopped at anothere shop to just look around.
He ended up buying a Savage Axis II in 30-06 for a donor action.
Got home & took the rifle apart.
He ordered a Boyds Prarrie Hunter in grey for it.
After he decides what length & contour barrel he wants, i'll give Stan a call & order a Douglas barrel for it.

0208D1C7-6A5B-46B4-9FDE-8470DD5F8E02.jpegBusier than I originally planned! Little sister got married on Friday night, other end of the state of course.

Last weekend in October is always the juvenile hunt in TN so we got up early yesterday and made it back in time for an afternoon hunt. Little brother got a pretty nice one, now we get to cut one up and euro today!

It was awesome except the quartering to shot caused the bullet to go right through the stomach 🤢

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back