What the F**k is an incognito browser….(not a thread for Montana Residents)…OnX problems….

Knight.54

On the shores of the Graveyard of the Atlantic
So I’ve seen the angst on this forum many Montana residents have for NRs and their issues….so if you fall in that subset STOP reading now because there is reference to the recent draw here within.

I was expecting to draw at tag (elk combo)with my two points. I was also expecting to draw a permit(which I did not). It seems I did not draw the tag in the initial drawing so I wasn’t in the running to draw the permit. But I was awarded a tag in the released drawing. Which I retained… thus I have a general tag.
….thankful for that!
…so I sit down to study up on various resources about my newly rewarded General Elk Combo License. Starting point is GoHunt, seeing as how that is what I have paid them for.
So I log in, search their articles and find one about Montana General Elk units. Great starting point, right?…it’s a couple of years old but I’m gonna read it…glean what I can. Hit the button. Sorry Premium content—You must join or log in to view…

No problem.

I’m a member. I’ve been sending you money for 3-4 years.
Try again. Nope

And again, and again … they won’t let me view it!

But when I try to log in I’m already logged on….

WTH?

So I send an email.

I get a response the next day telling me I need to try on an incognito browser to see if that works.

I’m not a millennial. I’m not a computer whiz. Most things I deal with daily have handles and switches. Not keyboards! I don’t even know what that means. And if I’m paying you and you know who I am when I log in why don’t you know who I am when I try to read an article?

So I reply to the reply to my email as such.

I don’t know what an incognito browser is. And if I’m paying GoHunt why do I need to be incognito?

Pretty damn disappointed …discount code and all.

Crazy how the narrative has changed.

CEO is killing big deer in Mexico. His celebrity hunter/employees are in some eastern bloc country killing a sheep I can’t even pronounce. They’ve got my money and want me to be incognito…..

Right click the link to the article, open in incognito mode. I think all browsers have the option. Kind of dumb you have to do that though.

So I’ve seen the angst on this forum many Montana residents have for NRs and their issues….so if you fall in that subset STOP reading now because there is reference to the recent draw here within.

I was expecting to draw at tag (elk combo)with my two points. I was also expecting to draw a permit(which I did not). It seems I did not draw the tag in the initial drawing so I wasn’t in the running to draw the permit. But I was awarded a tag in the released drawing. Which I retained… thus I have a general tag.
….thankful for that!
…so I sit down to study up on various resources about my newly rewarded General Elk Combo License. Starting point is GoHunt, seeing as how that is what I have paid them for.
So I log in, search their articles and find one about Montana General Elk units. Great starting point, right?…it’s a couple of years old but I’m gonna read it…glean what I can. Hit the button. Sorry Premium content—You must join or log in to view…

No problem.

I’m a member. I’ve been sending you money for 3-4 years.
Try again. Nope

And again, and again … they won’t let me view it!

But when I try to log in I’m already logged on….

WTH?

So I send an email.

I get a response the next day telling me I need to try on an incognito browser to see if that works.

I’m not a millennial. I’m not a computer whiz. Most things I deal with daily have handles and switches. Not keyboards! I don’t even know what that means. And if I’m paying you and you know who I am when I log in why don’t you know who I am when I try to read an article?

So I reply to the reply to my email as such.

I don’t know what an incognito browser is. And if I’m paying GoHunt why do I need to be incognito?

Pretty damn disappointed …discount code and all.

Crazy how the narrative has changed.

CEO is killing big deer in Mexico. His celebrity hunter/employees are in some eastern bloc country killing a sheep I can’t even pronounce. They’ve got my money and want me to be incognito…..
Wipe the cookies for GoHUNT and start over. I’ve had this problem with them a couple of times.

It’s just a more private mode of the browser you’re already using. They’re probably asking you to do that because the new “incognito” browser window won’t have all the cookies that SAJ mentioned.

Try ctrl + shift + n on your PC keyboard. ⌘ + shift + n on a Mac.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zjzeuske
Back