What should I expect to pay for....?

Moe

...getting my bow tuned/checked out?

I have a nice Hoyt Reflex with all the bells and whistles I've hunted with in past, so dont think it'll need much updating; except haven't pulled the stirng on it in over 2 years since moving to MT??

Before I get to an archery shop locally; what should I anticipate cost of tuning to be (and maybe new string put on). Its been a while since I've had this done :confused:??

>>AND. more importantly----any personal recomendations on a local archery shop near Bozeman (there appear to be several / looking for BEST)?

Thanks,

Moe:cool:

I am no archery expert but you may want to consider upgrading. Bow technology increases almost as fast as PC processors. I recently invested only about $250 in a slightly used 2008 bow off eBay and it is really a world of difference between it and my old 98 Hoyt Raider. If you already have a sight and rest you like all you have to do is transfer them over. It's not as hard as you think. I did it myself and am shooting at 45 yards and I am a bow idiot!

If you really want to get your old bow in shape it could be as little as a new string. (Stretched string on a dual cam bow can be bad for timing) the rest of it should be free-$40 for squaring and aligning your sight, rest, peep and loop. Any extra's of course will cost.

Course an Hoyt Reflex will never be as fast or as quiet as newer model bows no matter how much you tune them...but if you are happy and feel comfortable with it there is allot to be said for that!

>>AND. more importantly----any personal recomendations on a local archery shop near Bozeman (there appear to be several / looking for BEST)?

Thanks,

Moe:cool:

Big Sky Archery out near Belgrade. They sell Hoyt and Bowtech, so they can work on your Hoyt with no problems.

Big Sky Archery out near Belgrade. They sell Hoyt and Bowtech, so they can work on your Hoyt with no problems.

They'll charge you around $45 for a full tune, including paper sighting. Not sure about the string charge.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Openseason44
Back