Caribou Gear

What Phone Plan Do You Use ?

Moosie

Grand poopa
Looking to change my wifes plan... She only uses about 80 minutes a month. What is the Cheapest cell pho0ne line that you know of ?

Trac phone ? Cricket ? Qwest ? Sprint ? AT&T ?

I have the Quest, Unlimited Minutes, unlimited internet,text, YAddy YAddy for about $98 .. jsut looking for a plan for her thats around $20 a month or so.

Why don't you add her as a second phone for an extra 20$ ?? There isn't too many plans that you cant.

I was paying about $75 a month for two phones where I was only using about 250 minutes between the two of us. I told Verizon to take a hike and bought the cheapest T-Mobile phone offered. After three months of a "prepaid" plan, I have used 110 minutes. At 10 cents a minute Moosie, do the the math cuz I know you like to crunch numbers. I bought a block of 1000 minutes for $100 but is is good for a year. If I don't use them up, I buy $10 more and they reactivate. My wife has used about 250 minutes since February so her tab is about $8 or so, mine about $3.50 a month. I checked into all of them and T-Mobile was by far the best deal going. I'm not saying it would work for Mrs. Moosie, but it works for us.

I can't add her to my plan. Long story short It's a plan I started with Elk Mountain and I have 3 other phones under me. It's a sweet deal for... well, them actually ;) My phone with all the options is $95 +- and the other additional phones under it are $25 for unlimited minutes plus $5 text etc. I would have to take away their service to do it. I might talk to them about our options.

I use about 5,000-6,000 minutes I think. The Unlimited for me is a good deal.

WileC, I'll look into it, thanx !

it depends do you want the cheepest or decent service. I have had t-mobile, edge, verizon, went back to verizon partly because my soon to be ex wife had them and i could get pics of my lil girl and could talk to her for free. In boise i couldnt get service with t-mobile from basicly twin falls to the other side of boise i couldnt get any service. Edge was ok, if they had more options for me and i was staying in idaho for sure i would go with them.

Dumped my home ph. long distance,call waiting etc.... If it wasn't for my Computer I would dump the whole thing. ;;; T-Mobile for my wife and I....$59.00 everything included... works great.

I'd get her the cheapest Verizon plan that I could. They have WAY better coverage along I84 and points south than T Mobile... At least for me and TMOB I'll pay a bit more for better coverage, I HATE dropping phone calls...

I still have a phone...it is connected to my wall. Coverage around here pretty much blows anyway, so no reason to have two phones. Maybe someday I will break down, but right now I don't feel I have to have a phone on my hip at all times.

Thanx Hunterman, lemme know. We only need 100 mins a month roughly and no travel areas. Any time we travel we would have my phone.

Moosie
This is OL, and before I answer your question, my login is not working... it takes my password and I get to the "thank you for logging in" screen and then it boots me out like i hit the back button or something... please help!!!
Okay, since your wife is a very moderate user, I would actually recommend a prepaid plan for her. Much like T-Mobile, at&t has a prepaid plan where $100 gets you about 1000 minutes. I know you like doing the math on stuff like this so here are the number for both of the prepaid plans we offer. Simple rate is $.25 per minute for any call that is made to or from the phone, so the $100 "air card" if you will is about 400 minutes. The unlimited talk plan is slightly different. Using the same $100, the first call that you wife makes or recieves will be $1 plus $.10 per minute to any NON at&t phone. If she is making or recieving calls to/from somebody who has at&t, the first call would be $1 and any mobile to mobile calls after that are free. Each of these plans have additional feature add ons that you can purchase through the automated prepaid customer service system but they would subtract the price from your remaining balance.
At&t prepaid phones can be purchase at many national retailers such as best buy, walmart, target, and walgreens and most of the time, these retailers are actually cheaper than an at&t corporate or indirect store to begin with. And prepaid refill cards can be purchase at theses locations as well as many gas stations and grocery stores.
To recap, "simple rate" is $.25 per minute, while Unlimited Talk is $1 per day that the phone is used and calls are $.10 and has unlimited mobile to mobile to any at&t phone. Refill cards come in $15, $25, $50, $75 and $100 increments and each card is valid for a specific amount of time either 30 days ($15), 90 days or 1 year($100). If your balance is refilled before the expiration date, your remaining time will rollover to your next "term".
If you have any questions (Moosie or anybody) you can email me at [email protected] . Since I work for a permier agent for at&t I am unable to work with accounts outside of my market which consists of Washington, Oregon, Northern Idaho and Alaska, but at&t pricing and plan promotions are pretty much standard across the country.

Hope all of this helps and didnt just boggle your mind!!!

Orca Lover

Back