MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

What kind of poop is this?

ImBillT

I’m at a place that could, maybe, maybe, maybe, maybe have an elk. But shouldn’t have an elk. I wish the picture showed relative size better. It’s bigger than I feel like deer poop should be. Bigger than I’ve ever seen deer poop. I mean I saw it and went “why is elk crap here?”. There were two piles clumped together in a corncob shape. . They were probably larger pellets too. I don’t see a ton of elk poop. Am I crazy? If it’s not elk poop, does anyone know what it is? That would be a monster of a deer. Is there something that makes deer/elk shaped poop that’s bigger than deer poop and isn’t an elk?

Attachments

• 85A27406-8482-4A06-9BB2-77B7452942A1.jpeg
    85A27406-8482-4A06-9BB2-77B7452942A1.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 100
Last edited:
Only way to tell is to eat some. If it taste good it’s elk or whitetail, or Muley. If it taste like shit it’s a blacktail. Same as the meat.
As surprising as it would be for an elk to be here, a blacktail would be a bigger surprise by a million fold.

Does Audad poop look anything like elk?

As surprising as it would be for an elk to be here, a blacktail would be a bigger surprise by a million fold.

Does Audad poop look anything like elk?
Its elk, I was just making a statement of how awful blacktail is. Uneatable by most standards, especially when there are so many other tasty foods to go and get.

Find em…. CHOOT EM
Found them.

After some research, this particular piece of public property does not allow elk hunting. I went to deer hunt, but I’d have been fine with an elk. The narrow strip of public 3mi down canyon would be legal for elk, but there is no elk sign down there. This particular walk in area is archery only and not open for elk hunting. :(

Found them.

After some research, this particular piece of public property does not allow elk hunting. I went to deer hunt, but I’d have been fine with an elk. The narrow strip of public 3mi down canyon would be legal for elk, but there is no elk sign down there. This particular walk in area is archery only and not open for elk hunting. :(
Even in Antarctica, the elk stay where they are safe…. Good to know. :(

Even in Antarctica, the elk stay where they are safe…. Good to know. :(
Well…I followed them to a canyon and they stopped just over the lip. I was under 50yds and my stupid phone would only focus on vegetation a few feet in front of me. I tried to higher so there would be nothing else to focus on, and I knocked a rock down the canyon wall. They blew onto pvt where they’re perfectly legal for anyone with permission there.

Well…I followed them to a canyon and they stopped just over the lip. I was under 50yds and my stupid phone would only focus on vegetation a few feet in front of me. I tried to higher so there would be nothing else to focus on, and I knocked a rock down the canyon wall. They blew onto pvt where they’re perfectly legal for anyone with permission there.
Go ask first thing Bill!? That’s cool! Are landowners as bad there as SW Montana?? 😂🤣

Go ask first thing Bill!? That’s cool! Are landowners as bad there as SW Montana?? 😂🤣
I’ve never been to SW Montana, but my guess based on what I’ve heard about SW Montana is that they aren’t that bad. Still, the elk went onto a piece owned by a large company. My guess is that hunting there is leased out. Even when they’re open to it, when the “owner” is an LLC, it’s hard for an outsider to know exactly who to contact.

Last edited:
I’ve never been to SW Montana, but my guess based on what I’ve heard about SW Montana is that they aren’t that bad. Still, the elk went onto a piece owned by a large company. My guess is that hunting there is leased out. Even when they’re open to it, when the “owner” is an LLC, it’s hard for an outsider to know exactly who to contact.
Been there, myself with the business owned land.. lol good luck man keep after it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back