What is the dumbest thing that someone has ever asked/said while you were hunting?

I have watched them walking/running down a riverbank on two legs while chasing/watching salmon. They can move surprisingly fast that way.
These folks were thinking full Yogi the bear, all 2 legs all the time.

These folks were thinking full Yogi the bear, all 2 legs all the time.
Doesn't sound unreasonable to MEE......

siamese-cat-siamese.gif

Wanna fight over it?

cat-skinny.gif

Yeah i thought so.......
walking-passing-by.gif

Last edited:
In December of 2020 I was watching three doe and a small eight point in a cut TVA pipeline right of way. They were 573 yards away. Guy walks up an points out there deer there. I say I know…he pulls out a spotting scope and excitedly says “ones a buck!” He ask if I’m not going to shoot it can he. I look at his brand new 30-30 and say you know that’s over 500 yards. It might be a little far. His response “ I’ve watched guys on YouTube make that shot a couple dozen times. I got this.”
I say then by all means go ahead and I get up to go to the truck.
He fired off five rounds in about a minute and the deer bounce around after the last shot…he looks at his gun and then me and says “I guess my scopes off. Can I borrow your rifle?” I grin and say have a nice day sir!

In December of 2020 I was watching three doe and a small eight point in a cut TVA pipeline right of way. They were 573 yards away. Guy walks up an points out there deer there. I say I know…he pulls out a spotting scope and excitedly says “ones a buck!” He ask if I’m not going to shoot it can he. I look at his brand new 30-30 and say you know that’s over 500 yards. It might be a little far. His response “ I’ve watched guys on YouTube make that shot a couple dozen times. I got this.”
I say then by all means go ahead and I get up to go to the truck.
He fired off five rounds in about a minute and the deer bounce around after the last shot…he looks at his gun and then me and says “I guess my scopes off. Can I borrow your rifle?” I grin and say have a nice day sir!
winner

Had a guy ask what the elevation was when we were in a boat fishing the ocean in Alaska.
Ok ok,. It's 0531, I had my shift changed at the last minute to cover. I've gotta own this one I read it three times before it clicked. Thank you Hunt Talk Forum Members you've shown that the switch to decaffeinated coffee is NOT going to happen. We gotta be honest on here right

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back