What is the best piece of advice tht you have ever been given?

Plan your work. Work your plan. Has helped me when a 1000 things need to be done NOW
a little off the rails but funny šŸ˜†
when the weather is hot and sticky (like today) thatā€™s no time for dunking dickie.when the frost is on the pumpkin šŸŽƒ thatā€™s the time for dickie dunkin šŸ¤£

Leadership is someone who knows the way shows the way but also goes the way. If you want subordinates to pour their heart in soul into a job you better be too. Learned from my platoon sergeant SFC Juan Almonte.

That the world dont owe you a living. Once you get that in your head that you need to earn a living everything else gets easier And a heck of of lot more fun.
I listened to that one way too much working for the US government. Never could get tenure on a "permanent" job. It was cheaper for managers to keep shuffling help. An employer does owe you a living if you work for it. No one deserves a screwing just because it's the boss's discretion.

"Listen to your gut instinct."

Took me a loooooooong time.
Once I did, I started have more success both hunting and fishing.
Sometimes, I find it difficult to listen because what my gut is saying doesn't seem to make any sense.
Suddenly, everything seems to just fall together.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hamms12oz
Back