What is least expensive way to build NR Limited Quota points in MT?

LopeHunter

I will not be hunting MT this fall but would like to hunt elk and perhaps deer in a couple of years. My in-laws grew up around Helena and is a goal of mine to hunt elk in Big Sky country.

Is it important to stockpile Limited Quota bonus points now? I prefer to hunt without a guide or outfitter though above all want a good hunt experience which I define as seeing animals most days. If need a guide or outfitter since this is most likely a one-time deal, so be it.

If I should be stockpiling LQ bonus points, do I need to apply for a Combo Elk/Deer license at $912 then for the LQ bonus point at $20 for elk and $20 for deer? That would be $952 per year to get the LQ points for elk and deer.

Can I turn in the Combo license to get 80% back but still apply for the LQ points? That would be $222 per year to get the LQ points.

I do not think I can buy LQ points without going the Combo route each year but is that possible?

If I were you, I wouldn't worry about trying to draw for a limited tag as NR. There's plenty of a great hunting in the rest of the state.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tbonser94
Back