What is “green decoy”

riley

“green decoy”
Iv seen it used
Still can’t figure out what it means .
Someone fill me in.

It's basically a term for a conspiracy of "progressive, liberal, leftys" that pose as hunters/anglers whose plan is to chip away at hunting and fishing rights by infiltrating hunting organizations or speaking out. Ask Randy I think he is supposed to be one. Go to greendecoys.com to learn all about the organizations you thought had your back but are really just a cover for environmentalist groups...

This is from the group that brought the, "Green Decoy" theme to the forefront. A bit of truth covered with a bunch of garbage, imo.

I mean BHA, TRCP, etc are anti energy development, as they should be, not sure how that view makes them anything other than conservation groups.
Interesting how it's instantly taken negatively...

"A bit of truth..." Land Tawney ran the sportsman for Obama front in 2008, as one example.

Take that and pile "a bunch of garbage" and it presents a, false, "green decoy".
Add to financial donors and another bit of truth rolls in and again, piled with garbage increases the perspective it's a "Green Decoy" organization.
I quit them. I don't believe they are a, "Green Decoy" though leadership wise, there are small bits of truth within.

If the beholder is a politician, I agree... Fact does become a skewed concept.

They take certain facts and pile a ton of garbage... i.e. Innuendo...

Sytes is right BHA and TRCP seem a little left leaning compared to RMEF and the NRA. Which is fine with me. I'm a member of BHA even though I am a social conservative. Don't see what's wrong with that, in fact I think we need left leaning folks to support hunting and conservation. But the idea that BHA is primarily a leftist group trying to dupe outdoor enthusiasts is ludicrous.

Also, the term "Green decoy" doesn't make sense. "Green decoy" would make more sense from the opposite perspective: That they are far right groups posing as an environmentalist groups. Shouldnt it be "conservative decoy" since that is who you're trying to trick, right?

Sytes is right BHA and TRCP seem a little left leaning compared to RMEF and the NRA. Which is fine with me. I'm a member of BHA even though I am a social conservative. Don't see what's wrong with that, in fact I think we need left leaning folks to support hunting and conservation. But the idea that BHA is primarily a leftist group trying to dupe outdoor enthusiasts is ludicrous.

Also, the term "Green decoy" doesn't make sense. "Green decoy" would make more sense from the opposite perspective: That they are far right groups posing as an environmentalist groups. Shouldnt it be "conservative decoy" since that is who you're trying to trick, right?

BHA came out with a survey of their members and found it very evenly divided among registered Republicans, Democrats and Independent. I think we need to stop this Left vs. right, R vs D thinking and look at issues, not what "team" someone is on. I thought we were all on the same "team" as Americans and people who love the outdoors. Join or don't join an organization based on what they are doing and trying to do, not the stance of members or administrators of the organization on issues not related to what the group does.

BHA came out with a survey of their members and found it very evenly divided among registered Republicans, Democrats and Independent. I think we need to stop this Left vs. right, R vs D thinking and look at issues, not what "team" someone is on. I thought we were all on the same "team" as Americans and people who love the outdoors. Join or don't join an organization based on what they are doing and trying to do, not the stance of members or administrators of the organization on issues not related to what the group does.

Amen!

Sytes is right BHA and TRCP seem a little left leaning

I've yet to see anything that makes me think they lean left. Both groups adhere to their perspective missions.

BHA's mission: "Backcountry Hunters & Anglers seeks to ensure North America's outdoor heritage of hunting and fishing in a natural setting, through education and work on behalf of wild public lands and waters."

BHA absolutely should be railing against habitat degradation, resource extraction (of any kind), and any other human activity that leads to point source and non-point source pollution. Environmental protection is not a "left" issue, remember it was Nixon who created the EPA and spent a full 1/3 of his 1970 State of the union address on the topic.

"Clean air, clean water, open spaces-these should once again be the birthright of every American. If we act now, they can be."

BHA absolutely should be railing against habitat degradation, resource extraction (of any kind), and any other human activity that leads to point source and non-point source pollution.

I'm with you until you wrote this. BHA should be railing against all resource extraction? Where exactly do you think the resources humans need should come from? And, all human activity will lead to pollution of some sort. BHA, along with any pragmatic, sensible group or individual should be aware that humans will require resources and that minimizing the negative effects of activity should be the goal. To think otherwise is foolish, naïve and harmful. IMO.

Ah, wllm1313 you left out the important parts!;)

We are mostly in agreement.

I'm with you until you wrote this. BHA should be railing against all resource extraction? Where exactly do you think the resources humans need should come from? And, all human activity will lead to pollution of some sort. BHA, along with any pragmatic, sensible group or individual should be aware that humans will require resources and that minimizing the negative effects of activity should be the goal. To think otherwise is foolish, naïve and harmful. IMO.

I currently work and have worked my entire career at E&P companies and at this point I've worked almost every major basin except for the Bakken. I'm also a BHA member.

Conservation groups should advocate based on their mission. BHA's pragmatism should come in deciding where they are going to make the most impact and focusing on those specific battles.

Voters and politicians should weigh the cost benefits of any industry, based on the insights gleaned from various sources including but certainly not limited to conservation organizations.

Back