Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

What electronic ear buds (not muffs) have you used?

WNC2500

I have used the search feature (from a year old thread with a few responses) and found mainly just that you guys had used Walkers Game Ears and that is about it.

Are there other folks that have bought and used the kind that fit into your ears, since that thread?
What brands have you used and had good/bad success with?
Was it a noticeable difference in sound dampening with the electronic ear plug one?

When I am shooting pistols, i use my muffs. But, I would like to have something that lightens the sound with the rifles/brake.

Thanks in advance.

I bought some custom molded Tetra ear buds and used them last year. Overall I was happy with them. Pretty comfortable. Worked well in the wind, and I could hear more sounds with them than without them.

They are not perfect, but definitely work better than any others I had tried. And I actually wear them more consistently while hunting more that anything else too. Primarily used during waterfowl hunting.

I also looked at the wildear brand, and had a tough time choosing between the two. I guess the tetra marketing was a bit better and I ultimately chose them.

I use the walker buds with bluetooth, mainly for waterfowl hunting. I wear them everytime i cut grass also, BT is nice! The design is ok, could be little more comfortable and has very limited bluetooth range(phone in pants pocket limit). I paid about $200 and have never regreted them.

My wife just had custom molds made around her ear buds she has been wearing for running. Waiting for them to come back from company. Will be an interesting bill, but that is what she wanted for bday.

I wonder how these will compare to Apple Airpods Pro. They advertise special protection against "muzzle blast frequencies" but I'm skeptical. I use the digital ear muff style and those work great, but lower profile buds would be nice...

This year I will be using Otto Noizebarrier ear plugs. They come in a small watertight carrying case that also recharges the ear plugs. They come with foam and silicone rubber ear pieces, depending on which is most comfortable. They are noise cancelling, but you can hear normal conversation. They are small enough to be worn all day, and just push the button on them to activate to normal level, or click it one more time for "enhanced" setting, which really picks up sounds that you probably would have trouble hearing on a normal setting.
The case fits in your pocket, but protects the ear plugs, plus charges them. They last about 16 hours without charging, and the case will fully recharge the ear plugs numerous times before it has to be recharged with a simple USB cord. They can be found for around $350 to $400.
Otto offers First responder/LEO discount. Customer service is beyond excellent, and the CS reps are extremely helpful with any questions.

Last edited:
I have a set of Wildear electronic plugs. I bought them mainly for shooting Sporting Clays and Helice. But find myself using them hunting as well. Very happy with their performance and customer service getting them made.

howard leight has a pair of electronic ear buds that amplify and are bluetooth, not crazy expensive as well.

Am looking around for the best electronic earbud options. Reviving this thread to see if anyone has any other info to follow up on. Trying to protect what's left of my hearing after doing dumb things when younger.....thanks.

This is old thread so heres update on the walker buds i mention above. Dont buy them! The buds require a app to do most adjustments,initially worked great but that app is no longer available or supported. Buds still work but have numerous limitations that make them no more valuable than cheapy earbuds, look elsewhere!

This is old thread so heres update on the walker buds i mention above. Dont buy them! The buds require a app to do most adjustments,initially worked great but that app is no longer available or supported. Buds still work but have numerous limitations that make them no more valuable than cheapy earbuds, look elsewhere!
People need to stop making apps, thanks for the update

Am looking around for the best electronic earbud options. Reviving this thread to see if anyone has any other info to follow up on. Trying to protect what's left of my hearing after doing dumb things when younger.....thanks.

I ended up going with some ear buds made by Axil. I have been pleased with them. The main add on or improvement that I enjoy the most is the "sound enhancing" that it adds in regards to hearing game coming through the woods, or even hearing leaves crunch at a greater distance than I normally hear with my hearing only. I have been pleased with them all the way around. Of course I mainly use them while hunting. Those noise enhancements helped me on preparing for a shot long before the deer knew I was around.

In regards to range time, I still use the muffs with microphone so that I hear conversations but it cuts the sound off when shots are fired.

I have had a set of these.
https://goaxil.com/collections/ear-buds/products/gs-digital-2

They Worked very well when they worked.
I had them in their shop more than I used them finally they asked if I wanted my money back I said yes.

Not a gun or shooting brand but I really like my Bose quiet comfort ear buds. I can use the snow blower, chainsaw, and lawn mower. Cuts the noise as much as earplugs. Plus I can listen to music. Shooting a rifle is no different. Best airplane rides I’ve had since getting them.
I chose them over apple as I went with a sound company with a great history. And I didn’t want to be like every kid in high school or college walking around with them.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back