PEAX Equipment

What do you rate as your favorite big game meat.

Thanks Tobey, You betchum Red Ryder I like liver. Standard question for me when I am helping friends clean game is "Do you want the heart and liver?" Would like to try bear but we run pretty few to the hill.
BCR

------------------
A .45 BEATS 4 ACES EVERY TIME

BCR talkum like Little Beaver. He makeum age statement. 'nother old guy like me. UMMM. Good. Me like'um old guys around wigwam.
cool.gif
( I didn't know anyone else remembered Red Ryder and Little Beaver.)

------------------
Dan AZ www.huntandlodge.com

For me it depends on the age and sex of the animal.
A 1-2 year old elk or moose of either sex are both great. But after that age the cows seem to be better overall.
Big horn sheep are very good also.olefish

I like elk, But the best I ever had was deer and only on one occasion. Danr55 had my wife and I over for dinner one nite. He bbq'd the best deer steaks I ever had. My wife hates deer but still talks about that one.

Delw

Danr55, Whats your secret for those BBQ deer steaks? I'm always looking for new recipes to try.
cool.gif

------------------
Live to Hunt-Terry aka Coydog.
coyote4.gif

A general answer would be: game taken by my wife or myself.
To be more specific
moose
elk
spring bear(good sausage and grilled loin)
deer
antelope,big horn sheep (tie)
mt.goat,old "boar" raccon(tie) hehe
memtb

This one's easy...a no-brainer!
......Fried Gator Tail...for sure!
biggrin.gif

DS

this is going to be tuff but.....in general I love animals,
they're delicious......

1. well aged wild White-tail(1 pointer had a good recipe)cooked to perfection, Elk, Ruffed Grouse, Lesser Canadian Goose,gray squirrel, timberdoodle, pheasant, mallard or any of the grain eating ducks.

2. want to try mule deer, antelope, moose, and mtn lion.

3. refuse to try coyote and armadillo

4. might try skunk, coon, or beaver?!?!

Terry Coy Dog, I have a great book on venison, I'll get the name of it for ya and post it here....

REDBEARD

#1. Moose
#2. Elk

#3. Being from Az where Mnt. Lion is one of the few animals where you don't have to take the meat I wouldn't have even considered trying it, but after the people in Montana said it is good, I tried it last Dec. and it was great. Not as good as Moose and Elk but it was good.
Steve

daner55 you are right on the money about mt lion. nothing like a big backstrap smoked on a grill. ther is no finer meat out their. 2nd a tender steak off a young calf elk.

------------------
when the tailgate drops the bullshit stops.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back