Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

What calls you use?

Truth be told I have about a dozen different cow calls, but I usualy have about 3 on me at a time. My absolute favorite cow call over the past couple years has been a Primos Hyper Lip double with the tone converter. I've had lots of success with this call. I also have a Primos hoochie mama with me at most times, I just think the hyper lip sounds better. I've used the sceery brand calls a lot as well and think they do a pretty good job as well.

All I use is the diaphram calls. I like the plate calls from primos over the dome shaped ones or anything else. I also carry the hoochie mama just because it works, even though I hate using things that everybody else uses.

Just beginning hunting what calls should I look into getting? How many different types of calls are their?

I think he is looking for deer calls, he is in MO. Although I agree the primos hyper is a sweet call, pretty versatile.

I like a lot of Primos products. they make decent bleat calls and grunt tubes. Deer calls are a lot different than elk call, IMO. I think there are a ton of decent deer calls.

Go on Cabelas.com and look for calls or go to you local pro shop and sometimes you can try them out. I am a lot more specific with my elk calls than deer calls, don't use them near as much.

Jezz said:
I think he is looking for deer calls, he is in MO. Although I agree the primos hyper is a sweet call, pretty versatile.

I like a lot of Primos products. they make decent bleat calls and grunt tubes. Deer calls are a lot different than elk call, IMO. I think there are a ton of decent deer calls.

Go on Cabelas.com and look for calls or go to you local pro shop and sometimes you can try them out. I am a lot more specific with my elk calls than deer calls, don't use them near as much.

I guess I am wrong it was in the elk section |oo. I thought it was in the deer or maybe, oh I don't know :BLEEP: goin back to sleep now.

I am not goin crazy, he posted the SAME question in deer to. now back to sleep. this kind of dream hump

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCEAB
Back