MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

What are you reading

It’s Christmas break, so I actually get to do some non-school related reading. Just started Cormac McCarthy’s The Crossing. Read the other two of the border trilogy so I’m excited. Hard to find a more interesting pen than McCarthy’s.

It’s Christmas break, so I actually get to do some non-school related reading. Just started Cormac McCarthy’s The Crossing. Read the other two of the border trilogy so I’m excited. Hard to find a more interesting pen than McCarthy’s.

By pen I assume you mean his writing utensil? Lol

Small world, I grew up in Tenino.

By pen I assume you mean his writing utensil? Lol

Small world, I grew up in Tenino.

Yeah, I guess that was a goofy way to put it, but I’m glad to tee up a wiener joke! I’m down in The Couve, a ways south of Tenino. I’ve not been up through there yet. I’ve got this weird thing about Washington—we moved up here sort of begrudgingly because it was more affordable, but we still do most of our recreating down in Oregon. I haven’t even hunted Washington yet, still go down to Oregon and pay the huge non-resident prices! I don’t know what’s wrong with me.

But, yeah, McCarthy’s a good writer.

Currently reading American Serengeti. I just finished Rising Wolf, the White Blackfoot, by James Willard Schultz and that was really good. I am definitely going to read more of his books.

Since it's hunting season, I spend a bit of time reading my wife's moods. Gives me an idea of how much time hunting I can get away with... ;)

Actual reading, I just started a collection of short stories by CJ Box.

The Joe Pickett series by CJ Box is excellent and goes on forever. Or something like 17 books at the moment. Pretty realistic game warden that gets into fairly unrealistic situations quite often.

With the monument excitement going on I decided it was a good time to read Desert Solitaire by Edward Abbey.

Just finished, I Will Push You by Justin Skeesuck and Patrick Gray. About pushing a buddy in a wheelchair for 500 miles over the El Camino Santiago trail.

John Barsness Life of the Hunt- great hunting stories. I like how they also were about the people and/or the places, rather than the standard "I went here and I shot this."

Currently reading "Call of the Wild, My Escape to Alaska"- pretty amazing that this guy actually survives in Alaska with his lack of knowledge and skills going in.

Lastly, looking at a lot of maps of public lands in Wisconsin.

Great thread, lots of good looking recommendations, -20 to -35 degree windchills have opened up a lot of time for reading lately.....

Reading tough trip through paradise for about the fifth time. Just as incredible read as the first time. Highly recommend this book.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheWolf
Back