Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

What are you looking forward to/hoping for in 2021?

Watching my daughter grow (conflicted b/c it’s going so fast but it’s so fun at the same time)

Getting out in the Turkey woods

Vaccination

Catching various delicious inshore saltwater fishes

Family time

Returning to the west and the elk woods

Growing my own general contracting business as I just got approved for licensure

Good luck with all y’alls hopes/dreams/aspirations for the coming year!

Things I’m looking forward to include taking my wife on her first trip west. ( we plan to visit Yellowstone together in July or August ) and I will have my first sheep tag this year in Montana unlimited units.

BBAEAB31-8DCB-4AF0-B028-91CA44CE7D07.jpeg

At least you still have hair. (y)
I have so little that I bought hair clippers and just have my wife or son zip everything off to a #4 all over. The clippers paid for themselves in just 2 haircuts as opposed going to the barber which is closed anyway.
I have mine set on #2......

Reopening the border with Canada. Of course that means most everyone in both countries will have been vaccinated. 👍

Unfortunately this will be the new normal. Don't see C-19 ever going away again. Just hoping the world will try harder not to spread it.
Just hoping to safely make it through this winter and spring and summer with no major injuries. Already have one bad shoulder and don't know how much longer I'll be able to rifle shoot. Won't be able to pull a string on my bow. So hoping I can keep the shoulder going for another 3-5 years before major surgery of a total reversal shoulder replacement. Then I won't be able to hunt for a couple of years (I hope).
Retired and living a good life now and enjoying it and never taking anything for granted. Finding new hidie holes and wonderful vistas.
Always learning something new like ice fishing this winter.

Turkey season in a few months.
Our son being born in May (our first kid)
First elk hunt in October
Kid in May, elk hunt in October. I'd be awfully thankful for my wife. No way mine would let me off hunting with a 4 month old !! 😄

Kid in May, elk hunt in October. I'd be awfully thankful for my wife. No way mine would let me off hunting with a 4 month old !! 😄
Yep, very thankful for her. She's a good woman. We talked about it before we decided to start having kids and she told me what she would/wouldn't be okay with. We've talked about it a couple times since we found out we're expecting and she's on board. It also helps a lot that both her parents and my parents are close by.

I was ask this very question yesterday and said--- "To wake up tomorrow morning, and I did (-: "

However looking at 2021 with a larger and more optimistic view:

I sincerely hope that each of you find what makes you and your families happy in 2021---and beyond.

That the Corona Vaccination works and is quickly distributed and given to everyone all over the world and it becomes like the Flu, Chicken Pox, Mumps, etc, etc.--- Something we all get a shot for.

I would be thankful if I am able to see:

My granddaughter hunt Africa

The sunset from the South Rim of the Grand Canyon and to do so with my family.

To visit the Navajo Nation and visit with a few of their older members, as The Nation was an important part of my childhood

To visit almost North Dakota, not quite Canada and enjoy some home made wine and good company and maybe even convince her to buy a new shotgun

1.) My 2 year old daughter stays healthy and sassy
2.) Some anger and hatred in our country goes away
3.) Really bad point "jump" doesn't happen in the Colorado 2nd season deer draw

Exploring new-to-me public land. Thankful that there is far more to set foot on than I can ever get to in my lifetime.

Haven’t cut mine since February. Im gonna go till this February so I can always say there was at least one year I didn’t get a haircut 😂
I went the opposite extreme and just buzzed mine with a #2 shaver back in June. “COVID Cuts” is my new barber 🤣. I’d been threatening to do it for years as the drift towards combover became increasingly obvious. So glad I did it. Very liberating to not have to deal with it anymore beyond a weekly re-buzz that takes about 2 minutes.

Yep, very thankful for her. She's a good woman. We talked about it before we decided to start having kids and she told me what she would/wouldn't be okay with. We've talked about it a couple times since we found out we're expecting and she's on board. It also helps a lot that both her parents and my parents are close by.
That’s sort of my situation too. We remodeled my wife’s grandparents house and live between her parents and her brother and his family. Not ideal being sandwiched by in laws but she didn’t complain at all when I made two trips west from NC this past fall so I’ll take it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back