Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

What are you currently reading?

Had a long hiatus of reading books. My wife bought me Gary Noesner’s Stalling For Time for Christmas. Started it last night and didn’t put it down for 55 pages before my eyes got too tired

Currently on The Outsider by Stephen King and Lonesome Dove by Larry McMurtry. Lonesome Dove I only picked up because of all of the glowing reviews here. I'm not generally interested in a Western, but it's great so far.

I've recently finished NOS4A2 by Joe Hill, Kitchen Confidential by Anthony Bourdain, and The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood. Good, good-ish, and ok.

This was little basic for someone that had their first elk bowhunt in 1996 that said I still got some tidbits from it.
Definitely recommend it if your new to the game.

16097268613073864871832103834437.jpg

Currently on The Outsider by Stephen King and Lonesome Dove by Larry McMurtry. Lonesome Dove I only picked up because of all of the glowing reviews here. I'm not generally interested in a Western, but it's great so far.

I've recently finished NOS4A2 by Joe Hill, Kitchen Confidential by Anthony Bourdain, and The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood. Good, good-ish, and ok.
Lonesome Dove is one of my favorite books of all time. Try the Thalia trilogy, McMurtry is great.

Lonesome Dove is one of my favorite books of all time. Try the Thalia trilogy, McMurtry is great.
I'll for sure do that. Thanks for the tip. I looked up what a signed copy of Lonesome Dove would cost for Christmas and I am just gonna have to stick with the library for now.

Working my way through the Alex McKnight series while I wait to find something more interesting. Serves the purpose, but only so-so.

Is the book better than the movie? I always thought the movie was done well and didn’t wanna ruin the movie by reading the book.

Is the book better than the movie? I always thought the movie was done well and didn’t wanna ruin the movie by reading the book.
yes it is, you just can’t fit that much into the time allotted, even in a miniseries. That being said, I think they did as good a job as any movie I’ve seen following the book.

I just read Beautiful Ruins by Jess Walter. It's a novel about some fictional events in Italy in the 1960s and contemporary Hollywood. It has nothing to do with hunting or the outdoors but it's engaging, compelling, and often funny.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Higbee
Back