Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

What are you currently reading?

So weird. They aren't for sale anywhere, nor have I heard of anyone selling it ever... Happy to hook you up with one. DM me your info if you'd like.
That was a long time ago; 70s, but I said I would like to read it and they offered to sell it, which struck me as odd. Sorry I mentioned it, didn't mean to offend. And I don't believe in organized religion. I'm a Lutheran. ;)

Following the book, Amazon (not free with Prime) two part documentary now available. David is very pleased with this result.

ABA1A2F7-6E99-46DD-BAB6-4E54A23F1F7C.pngView attachment 129997

Released yesterday, my brother's first book.
Starting in Medieval times, he tells the stories of how evil humours are bled out of patients and progresses through the individual advances in the understanding of anatomy, disease processes and techniques to get where we are today with the ability to repair massive traumas and deal with illnesses small and large.

Each chapter also contains a story from his own life as an student, resident or orthopedic surgeon specializing in shoulders and elbows.

Of course I'm biased, and believe my brother is fantastic, but objectively, anyone in the healthcare field should read this book for perspective. And everyone else should read it for knowledge, wonder and the amazing true miracles (per the ancients) life stories of healing.
3F708390-BCFE-4DAC-8A99-345BDBFEDFC5.jpeg

That was a long time ago; 70s, but I said I would like to read it and they offered to sell it, which struck me as odd. Sorry I mentioned it, didn't mean to offend. And I don't believe in organized religion. I'm a Lutheran. ;)
All good brotha! I take any offense at all!

Just starting The Bass Reeves Trilogy by Sidney Thomas. I watched the one episode on Paramount, thought it was interesting and found this book series.

So weird. They aren't for sale anywhere, nor have I heard of anyone selling it ever... Happy to hook you up with one. DM me your info if you'd like.

Coworker is Latter Day Saint, we've had numerous discussions after he gave me a copy of the Book of Mormon to read. Began after he found out about my obsession with John Moses Browning.

Serious question, paperback or hardcover?

I had to recently get a hardcover as paperback copies weren't available and it gives me an ick! I roll my books and fold them as I read. Not being able to roll the pages back has seriously affected my reading and I am unable to enjoy the otherwise good book...

Yes, I am a child.

I saw a pair of geese on my way into work and it unlocked an old memory about a story my 6th grade English teacher read us on Valentines Day about a swan that cut his webbed feet with a razor blade so he could play the trumpet/saxaphone to woo his sweetheart. I told the basic plot to my son who said that I must have dreamed that because there was no way that would go down in a children’s book. He had a good point, and I started to doubt myself. So I did a Google search of the key points I remembered, found a likely candidate, and checked it out from the library. And sure enough!
11D5188D-6F8A-4E67-99ED-5A1D4F4143F9.jpeg
I sent him this as proof and said “Children’s books were different back when I was a kid. Taught you that love was about suffering and sacrifice and pain!” 😂
The Trumpet of the Swan by EB White.

On Marc Cameron's third Arliss Cutter series installment (Bone Rattle). I've done 'Open Carry' and 'Stone Cross'. Entertaining with good character development...the con is so far each iteration's event sequences mirror the first two books...almost right down to the chapter. The protagonist is a more capable Joe Pickett with a touch of Nate's skill and maleficence.
1713193010037.png

Last edited:
Enjoying this book.
I don't recommend trying to read it sitting in the last row of a SouthWest plane....you know engine vibration, most of the interior panels are rattling, and best of all the flushing chitter right behind my head.
Was expecting the sun roof to peel back.🤣20240415_081101.jpg

I saw a pair of geese on my way into work and it unlocked an old memory about a story my 6th grade English teacher read us on Valentines Day about a swan that cut his webbed feet with a razor blade so he could play the trumpet/saxaphone to woo his sweetheart. I told the basic plot to my son who said that I must have dreamed that because there was no way that would go down in a children’s book. He had a good point, and I started to doubt myself. So I did a Google search of the key points I remembered, found a likely candidate, and checked it out from the library. And sure enough!
View attachment 322309
I sent him this as proof and said “Children’s books were different back when I was a kid. Taught you that love was about suffering and sacrifice and pain!” 😂
The Trumpet of the Swan by EB White.
My daughter and I are reading that book now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back