What am i forgetting?

A bit of duct tape and paracord can come in handy. I take a box of gallon ziplocs and have dozens of uses including in-tent latrine when is COLD outside. I am now a believer in the leukotape for hot spots on feet. I use eyepatch and earplugs at night when on a hunt. Check with doctor but I find Advil PM helps me get rest on trips so I buy some. Immodium, just in case. Electrical tape to cover end of barrel to kept out rain, snow and leaf bits. My cheat sheet on doping my shot in various winds, temps, elevation, distances, and speed of moving critter. Pen to sign tag and take notes. Flat repair kit. Jump starter. Chains. iPhone charger and battery pack. Extra batteries for headlamp and GPS. Fresh battery in range finder. Half dozen 12" or longer zipties. My notes on where plan to be as sun rises on Day 1 as well as Plan B and C and D...because part of the fun of the adventure is the curveballs.

I once drove for 3 hours of an 8 hour drive to hunting camp before asking my wife if she packed the heavy jackets. Of course the answer was, "no I thought you did". So, the 3 hours back home to get them seemed longer with the fight of who's responsibility it was. And you know I did not win that one! 😆

You might not need them, but you never know...

I once drove for 3 hours of an 8 hour drive to hunting camp before asking my wife if she packed the heavy jackets. Of course the answer was, "no I thought you did". So, the 3 hours back home to get them seemed longer with the fight of who's responsibility it was. And you know I did not win that one! 😆

You might not need them, but you never know...
Been there and done that with a girlfriend once, except it was one hour into a three hour drive. Turned around and canceled the trip. Married someone much better but she also sucks at packing/planning.

Second the tire plug kit - used mine just last week in the mountains... also need a portable air compressor or at least manual pump too... don’t forget a stick of lip balm... gloves and a hat for cool mornings...

List !! I have lists for every type of trip I take : a week walleye fishing in Canada = list with towing a boat, list with not towing a boat. Three weeks in Saskatchewan hunting waterfowl = list with taking a dog, list with not taking a dog. Two weeks chasing whitetails in Kansas = list, one week chasing turkeys in Kansas = list. Two weeks elk hunting in the west = list for tent camping, list for cabin camping, list for motel camping, etc. Lists include clothes, hunting/fishing gear, vehicle needs, paperwork, money, maps, anything needed. Lists are fluid with items subtracted and added as warranted. Lists are always updated when returning from a trip. Organization leads to less heartburn !!

long as you have your weapon,ammo, tag and a knife ,your good to go. all else is comfort items that can be done without.

assuming of coarse that your not leaving the house buck necked!o_O;)

Last edited:
After 1 day Pretty sure I forgot my belt....fortunately didn't forget the paracord.

Tag, license, weapon was my final must have checklist....

Good luck all!

I just started my drive from Va to Wy and I definitely forgot my spork. Hopefully that’s all I forgot! Good thing there is a Cabelas on the way!

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back