PEAX Equipment

Weyerhaeuser Logging Permits?

RyanSoNorCal

Just looking for some info on how to obtain permit for access to Weyerhaeuser land in So. Oregon. Basically have no clue on how to get started whatsoever. I have heard some positive info on opportunity there and was hoping to chase some blacktails in 2022. Much appreciated!

If you go to Weyerhaeuser's site and search for permits you can see what is available pretty easily. They should have all the info you need - access points, specific parcels included with the permit, travel restrictions, etc. Not much left, only walk-in access for a few areas left. They have been on sale since June of 2021

If you go to Weyerhaeuser's site and search for permits you can see what is available pretty easily. They should have all the info you need - access points, specific parcels included with the permit, travel restrictions, etc. Not much left, only walk-in access for a few areas left. They have been on sale since June of 2021
Oh wow. I was just looking for walk-in anyways. Hopefully there’s something close enough to our RV park. Thanks!

I can't speak for all of Oregon, but I do know that in a lot of the coast range, Wayerhauser (as well as Hancock and others, not including Starker who offers free permits for their lands here) participate in what I believe is called the habitat access program, in which forest management companies and some private landowners get paid to allow public access to a certain percentage of their lands. This access can have a combination of restrictions such as drive in, walk in only, type of recreation including which seasons are accessible (deer, elk, rifle, bow, etc). These areas are included in each units percentage of accessible public land. In my home unit, Alsea (18) our public land access percentage is about 43% and consists of NFS, some State of Oregon lands, Wayerhauser, Hancock et al, very few county lands and some privately owned lands.

Also, if you're planning on hunting Oregon, and you're using an app such as OnX, don't completely disregard a chunk of land due to an unrecognizable ownership. Many many areas (especially here at the coast) are owned independently but managed by Hancock, and are open to public access (or as posted, if applicable) such as Nestucca forests LLC, Golden Ponds and others. Always check out the info tab. And also remember that while we do have dept of fish and wildlife (odfw), Oregon department of forestry, and Wayerhauser employees keeping an eye on their lands and the recreaters therein, most of the "recreation surveillance" is done by Oregon state police, who aren't nearly as nice or understanding as say, forest service officers.

Back