Wet montana opener

8andcounting

Looks wet for a lot of Montana Saturday and Sunday with the cold front coming in Friday night . Hopefully up high it’s snow and not rain but not too much snow lol . Good luck to all

Lets hope the rain isn't a downpour. A light drizzle is ok. Rain turning to snow after say 10am I saw.

I’m a little nervous as the spot I planned to camp goes through a big puddle that already almost reaches the bottom of the door on my truck. The road after that is hairy even in the driest of weather.

Better get my plan B locked in.

Can't make it out until Monday, hoping there's still more snow coming! I'll be hunting all week, pretty psyched.

RIP dirt roads. They will undoubtedly be rutted all to crap after all the moisture on the opener and out of staters (and in state non-locals) driving on them that dont have to worry about them the rest of the year.

RIP dirt roads. They will undoubtedly be rutted all to crap after all the moisture on the opener and out of staters (and in state non-locals) driving on them that dont have to worry about them the rest of the year.
Yep. Just send it!

Woke up at 4 both mornings, took the dog out to pee. We looked at each other and said to heck with this and went back to sleep. Best opener I've had in a while.
Right there with you. I think this is the first weekend I have spent at home since late August. Have kept the fireplace going all weekend, cooked some tasty meals, and e-scouted for Nov elk. A real self-care kinda weekend

Back