Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Westport salmon & rockfish

Brittany Chukarman

Just got back from a great short vacation to the coast. I fished on my favorite boat the first day. Incredible fishing for rockfish and silver salmon. Full limits for the boat by 10:00 AM. Started on rockfish and limited the boat in 30 minutes. We had to go about 30 miles north for the salmon until we hit a distinct temperature break from 62 to 58 deg then it was wide open. The wife wanted to fish on a boat with less fishermen so the next day we went on a 6 pack boat and had the boat to ourselves. He had been trolling for kings and caught 8 the day before. It was slow for us with only 1 bite all day but the wife got to catch a nice king. Wide open on rockfish again. The last day I got to ride along on my favorite boat and fish for salmon if I assisted the deckhand/skipper during the rockfishing, filleting and other chores. It was a repeat of the first day, just incredible fishing for both species. Lots of fish to process today.DSCI0021.JPG0828190756b.JPGIMGP0100.JPGIMGP0103.JPG

Looks like you are well on your way to the Sportsman's Surf and Turf meal. Get your self some elk tenderloins this big game seasons and you will be living large. Congratulations on the full freezer and some great fish fillets.

Back