Western Wyo Grizz Distribution

• Thread starter Deleted member 18333
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 18333

More info for the often asked question of how far south are grizz. Interesting how far those young bears will wander. Would love to know where this bear spent the winter.

Cool share and very interesting. Wonder how long it will take (if ever) before we see them regularly in the Uintas.

I would really like to see a Gooogle earth KML on Bear sightings outside the recovery zone.

I think it would be helpful for people who are doing trips to understand that they are in GB territory, that 5 years ago wasn't.

Would ON-X be interested in that as a layer?

I would really like to see a Gooogle earth KML on Bear sightings outside the recovery zone.

I think it would be helpful for people who are doing trips to understand that they are in GB territory, that 5 years ago wasn't.

Would ON-X be interested in that as a layer?

Here is a map I made a while back when debating the absurdity of both the inclusion of a SJ report in the GYE de-listing court order as well as a conversation Adam Greentree's grizzly claim.

The potential travel routes were just me guessing at potential dispersal routes into CO from GYE, and are pure conjecture. My point was that if you argue that there is a lack of connectivity between NDCE and GYE (118 miles), than the idea that you would introduce bears 623 miles away from another population and expect any possible connectivity is absurd, and that the report is a waste of money. (@JLS remember I said I had argued this with an attorney)

@2rocky if you're interested I can send you a .kml layer.
Grizzly_DistributionMap2.jpg

Dang, I just bought a cabin “northeast of Viva Naughton Reservoir”. 7 miles northeast to be exact. Hopefully he stays on his side of Commissary Ridge!

Population keeps getting larger;
Constant Grizz encounters outside of their natural range; and
Grizz attacks on the rise.

"gRiZzLy HuNtiNg Is NoT sOcIaLy AcCePtAbLe aNd nOt SuStAiNaBle"

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dyaddof
Back