PEAX Equipment

Welfare ranchers get even

Ithaca 37

Group angry with BLM for move to Marsing
Employees say relocation is to force them to resign

A public employee watchdog group charges that the reshuffling of U.S. Bureau of Land Management offices in southern Idaho to improve efficiency is actually retribution against agency staff. ...........“This move is a political payback to a very few, but very connected Owyhee ranchers who want revenge against BLM range staff,” PEER Executive Director Jeff Ruch said. “But since the BLM staff cannot be fired for doing their jobs, the next best thing is to induce them to resign or retire to avoid being moved to Idaho´s version of Siberia.”

http://www.idahostatesman.com/News/story.asp?ID=57947

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> The agency did not want to commit a lot of extra staff time to do an extensive analysis of the move, but an ad hoc committee will be formed to look further into the issue, Zwang said. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

One can only imagine.

Sounds like my kind of place
biggrin.gif
May have to see about getting a job there. Seriously.

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 01-09-2004 07:48: Message edited by: 1_pointer ]</font>

Working in a field office in Marsing would be tolerable. If you didn't mind a 20 minute drive, you could open up an incredible amount of choices as to where to live.
You could hang out in Moosie's subdivision, the Gunner's Trailer Park, along the river, buy an acreage, live on a golf course, etc.. etc.. It is just far enough out of the Boise Impact zone, that you could avoid the costs of living in the City, but still close enough to enjoy the comforts of Lowes and Outback Steak House... and the best Mexican food this side of the Rio Grande...
drool.gif

I'm keeping my fingers crossed. The biggest monkey wrench is that my wife wants to move to So. CA!!!
eek.gif
That app may have to get to the mail a day late! ;
shhh.gif

Southern California!! Good Guggly Muggly thats worse than Southern New Jersey!! We came here for work,(25 years ago) and now I can't get her to leave!! Don't go!!

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back