Weird… too many G bears in the Madison and Gravs?

Why do they insist on trapping these bears for the 3 weeks leading upto archery season?

Makes no sense to lure these bear in with food/carcasses whatever they use and piss them off. Feel bad for anyone who hunts down in those areas who run into one of these bear.

Why do they insist on trapping these bears for the 3 weeks leading upto archery season?

Makes no sense to lure these bear in with food/carcasses whatever they use and piss them off. Feel bad for anyone who hunts down in those areas who run into one of these bear.
It doesn’t matter if they are baiting them or not. There are so many in these areas right now you are going to be in close proximity no matter what. They’ve been killing calves all summer in the gravellies…there is already plenty of bait out there.

It doesn’t matter if they are baiting them or not. There are so many in these areas right now you are going to be in close proximity no matter what. They’ve been killing calves all summer in the gravellies…there is already plenty of bait out there.
Thanks for the response.

I guess the baiting was a small part of the question. The bigger part is why do they need to do the trapping in the weeks leading up to archery season? Just seems like a way to really piss off a bear or bunch of bears at a very unnecessary time.

Thanks for the response.

I guess the baiting was a small part of the question. The bigger part is why do they need to do the trapping in the weeks leading up to archery season? Just seems like a way to really piss off a bear or bunch of bears at a very unnecessary time.
I’m not involved in it at all so I’m just taking a guess here, but I’m assuming they are more effective during late August as bears go into hyperphagia. Therefore it’s a better use of time and money. That’s just my guess.

I’m not involved in it at all so I’m just taking a guess here, but I’m assuming they are more effective during late August as bears go into hyperphagia. Therefore it’s a better use of time and money. That’s just my guess.
Makes sense. Thanks for the insight! Best of luck this fall!

Thanks for the response.

I don’t see where it’s going to piss bears off. I imagine they trap them, collar them, and then hard release them.

How do you derive there are too many grizzlies from this article?
I don’t derive there are too many from this article, I do from the ridiculous number of gbears that live there. I’ve personally been charged twice, sent a buddy to a spot in the gravelly range last year, he saw 7 opening day, not to mention all the maulings the last few years.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jahmes143
Back