Weekend Libations

Pro tip. I leave it in the door of the fridge for people I really don't want to linger. Serve em 1 and watch em hit the road. I'll give the bread a shot though lol.
Either way works! The recipes are usually really simple and always taste good. Add butter and honey and enjoy. Or make some killer French toast.

I just txted @JCS and told him I’m bringing some libations back to Montana for us to have in his garage, I was always a fan of the beak breaker when I lived here , It’s a 9% and did the trick right proper. The other ones are new and I’ve never tried them , but it looks there almost as strong…. Yee Yee !
IMG_6615.jpeg

You all need some culture. Beer can go into bread. Especially the darker heavier varieties. I normally use ambers, porters, stouts and other dark smooth beers. This is the recipe I use:

-3 cups flour
-3 tsp baking powder
-1 tsp salt ( more on top of finished bread if desired )
-1/4 cup sugar
-12 oz beer
-1/2 cup melted butter

Preheat oven to 375°. Mix all dry ingredients together and then mix in beer. Pour into a greased loaf pan, cast iron skillet, or whatever hubcap you’re wanting to use. Pour melted butter over the bread mixture. Bake 1 hour. Remove from pan and let it cool for at least 15 minutes( leave this step for the second time you make this. First time, cut it warm and be a glutton with honey and butter. )

*can use parchment paper instead of greasing pan, but the crust you get with butter is better.
**recipe originally called for sifting flour, but I’m not fancy like that.

You all need some culture. Beer can go into bread. Especially the darker heavier varieties. I normally use ambers, porters, stouts and other dark smooth beers. This is the recipe I use:

-3 cups flour
-3 tsp baking powder
-1 tsp salt ( more on top of finished bread if desired )
-1/4 cup sugar
-12 oz beer
-1/2 cup melted butter

Preheat oven to 375°. Mix all dry ingredients together and then mix in beer. Pour into a greased loaf pan, cast iron skillet, or whatever hubcap you’re wanting to use. Pour melted butter over the bread mixture. Bake 1 hour. Remove from pan and let it cool for at least 15 minutes( leave this step for the second time you make this. First time, cut it warm and be a glutton with honey and butter. )

*can use parchment paper instead of greasing pan, but the crust you get with butter is better.
**recipe originally called for sifting flour, but I’m not fancy like that.
I just learned a few things. Never made bread. I have some moose piss (drool) in the fridge. Will be trying this now.

I just learned a few things. Never made bread. I have some moose piss (drool) in the fridge. Will be trying this now.
That will be a great beer to go into that. I normally make it late at night when I should be sleeping, but when it’s done you’ll eat enough of it warm that you won’t be able to stay awake long after.

Pendelton with a splash of diet at the PBR in the hospitality room , in Billings with some free shirts before tonight’s Bull Riding, yee Yee !!!View attachment 322635
Pendleton Whiskey, a company founded in 2003 to celebrate the American cowboy. Distilled and aged in Canada, imported to Oregon where it’s cut and bottled in Hood River, Oregon.

Although it’s about 20% American and 1% Cowboy, it’s still about 100% awesome.

Also I’m sure it goes without saying Chris, but the next time I’m in Montana, I’d like to drink with you!

Pendleton Whiskey, a company founded in 2003 to celebrate the American cowboy. Distilled and aged in Canada, imported to Oregon where it’s cut and bottled in Hood River, Oregon.

Although it’s about 20% American and 1% Cowboy, it’s still about 100% awesome.

Also I’m sure it goes without saying Chris, but the next time I’m in Montana, I’d like to drink with you!
My door is always open !

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hamms12oz
Back