Caribou Gear Tarp

Weaver Grand Slam?

Baerman

Anyone have experience with these scopes and can tell me if they are any good or not or what to compare them to?

I have one, have had it for about 6-7 years. Its a nice scope, but for the money, I'm not sure its any better/worse than anthing else in the price point. Its more clear than the VX2, but a little less than the new VX3.

I bought a 3-10 around 2002 and was very pleased with it and hunted it hard and it looked it. 2 years ago it fogged internally. I sent it in for the Lifetime warranty service.

A few weeks later I received my scope back, still fogged and a love letter from Weaver saying that the excessive use voided the warranty.

In my opinion the optics are as good as most, but Weaver seems to be bought and sold every few years and there is no solid company to stand behind the warranty.

Leupold Gold Rings are now on all my big game rifles.

I bought a 3-10 around 2002 and was very pleased with it and hunted it hard and it looked it. 2 years ago it fogged internally. I sent it in for the Lifetime warranty service.

A few weeks later I received my scope back, still fogged and a love letter from Weaver saying that the excessive use voided the warranty.

In my opinion the optics are as good as most, but Weaver seems to be bought and sold every few years and there is no solid company to stand behind the warranty.

That's lame customer service. Thanks for sharing your experience. I'll remember that when I'm next shopping for a scope.

No bueno! I bought my wife a VX3 a while back and love that thing. Think I'll go that direction.

Had a Weaver V8, it fogged also but I sent it to the local repair shop. It came back nice and clear but had all these little dirt or rust spots in it. Makes a good paper weight.
I know this might be sacriligeous(?) but has anyone had experience with Nikon Monarch series. I only say that cause I live less than 15 miles from the Leupold HQ.and they are my 1st choice.

Last edited:
Back