Caribou Gear Tarp

Weatherby Vangaurd

Rooster52

Just bought a used Weatherby Vangaurd in 270 Winchester.What do you think of the quality of these guns. I think it feels like a good rifle. Came with a Redfield Revolution 3-9x50 scope. Nice clear scope.

Paul in Idaho

I'm hoping you get a lot of positive reviews, because I just bought one too. Balance and trigger both feel good. So far I really like it, but haven't got to shoot it yet.

gman82001

Just picked up a new one in 257 weatherby only fired a few break in rounds and need to start work up loads but it seems great and the trigger is awesome

ERSS

WBY Vanguard / Howa - good solid rifle, best quality for the money. Had one or two of both and they have all been excellent shooters.

Rooster52

I agree. A little on the heavy side but a tack driver. They get this one right ! Probably will end up selling or trading it as I prefer left hand bolts.

hank4elk

I missed a chance at Vanguard in 300 wm recently....but I really don't need one.
I got to shoot with the folks from Weatherby in CA at the range they used near me,they let me try several over the years...I kick myself for the deals I missed back then.....

shootbrownelk

My buddy has one in 30.06, and as Rooster says...it is a bit on the heavy side. All he's done to it so far was to add a Boyd's stock. It's accurate as all get out, and he's never had a problem with it.

Rocky176

Had one in 7 mm mag. Great shooter, put lots of rounds through it. Worked well on speed goats and mule deer in Montana.

stillkickin

I agree with all of the above, not much to look at but I have owned a half dozen over the years and they all were shooters.

HSi-ESi

I have one in .243 Win. Mine is very accurate and a joy to shoot.

Just in case - I posted this last year. I don't know how old/new your new rifle is - but some of the Vanguards had a Safety Notice ( Older thread on Safety Notice from Weatherby.)

Mine was on the list and Weatherby took care of it in short order (and no money from me). It's worth checking out if you own one.

Epfd217

I bought one last year in .308 and I love it! I've shot several sub MOA groups with factory ammo off of nothing more than a backpack. It is a tad heavy and the scope I added didn't help, but all that mass soaks up the recoil and I can fire this gun for days.

hank4elk

The 300 WM I shot recently on a heavy burl stock was a dream to shoot!

...almost as accurate as my 700 -06.........:rolleyes:

SITKA Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gunstar