Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

We have been invited

DRAFTSTUD

On a two day Father/Son Duck hunt in Stuttgart, Arkansas this thursday and friday. It is a Four hour drive to my client's lodge and the best part is the weather is suppose to turn "Ducky", snow, clearing out by Thursday. It will be in a huge Green Tree area with the client's caretaker/guide. He tries to have one of these type of hunts at least once a year. This should be a great hunt for my 14 year old to remember in the years to come. :D

Me too..... tell us when to be there ;)

Good luck on your hunt, TAKE VIDEO and PICURES this time !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I fully expect to take alot of video, even if I don't shoot, I want to get a sh*t pot of video and pictures of my boy. This place is the sort of place we wish we could go to all the time. The blinds hold Nine shooters I was told. I had to read and sign a big long form...you know..."I will conduct myself like a gentleman and dress for cocktails, ect. This redneck is going to have a blast! hump

I hope you have a great time, especially your son. I hope the blind is not full. "Me" thinks nine barrels is a bit much when the birds fall in. :eek: Keep your head low when runnig the video camera. :D

mtmiller, You are so right, the most I have ever hunted was 4 and that was tight. As I understand this Hunting, you have a rotation, where you have shooters and a "let's sit around the heater and watch" group! The man who invited me said he had Four Blinds to take advantage of wind direction. This man also takes 2 months out of every year and does nothing but hunt Turkeys. I am presently doing a computerized aerial photo of a Plantation that he grew up on in the 1930s, everytime I think I have it finished, he has a memory lapse and says "no, thats not where the bellhouse, ect. goes and everything is shifted again! It could be one of those "retirement" jobs.

I just re-checked the weather for Stuttgart, AR: TUE
60°F 15°C
45°F 7°C
WED
47°F 8°C
25°F -3°C
THU
32°F 0°C
17°F -8°C
FRI
26°F -3°C
12°F -11°C :D