Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Ways this pack doesn't suck......

onpoint

A while back we - I - had a problem.
I hunt with my wife quite a bit. She's a hell of a hunter and hiker but put a pack on her and things just slow down - period.
I'm an impatient asshole. This led me to conjure up a way to speed her up and calm me down - and make us hunting together less marriage threatening.
I bought a Eberlestock F1 packframe AND a Badlands Kali (?) ladies daypack - both on sale at the time at Sportsmans Whorehouse. The Eberlestock fit me well, had plenty of padding and lashing straps, as well as a solid load shelf. The Badlands, although of maybe questionable quality, fit her well, had plenty of room for everything needed for long hike dayhunts for two, and fit nicely on the Eberlestock.
So, I carry the packframe, daypack securely and snuggly lashed into it - able to access everything - and she carries her rifle, nothing more. When something hits the ground, the paypack comes off - on the way out I carry meat, she carries the daypack. Works really slick. The daypack even has a rifle carrier attached.
I am now less of an asshole (hunting with her at least) - amazing how innovation can lead to a better marriage.
Maybe of some utility to someone on here. It has worked well for some years now
This method and gear, of course, is specifically directed to somebody in the same shoes I was. Might be handy for hunting with a kid, too. Or a really fat slow hunting buddy.....
The meat on my back....
tipack.JPG
tapack.jpg

Her with the daypack carrying the gear and her trusty .257R. And the horn - which she insisted on packing out....
Happen to like this photo...........

Last edited:
PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Higbee
Back