Waterfowl, let’s see them!

Holy lord. Not gonna lie, hurts a little looking at that bull sprig
Thanks. Wish his sprig was longer. He's in prime condition and headshot. Would have been a wall hanger.

Should be able to shoot one everyday through the rest of the season. Keeps you on your toes after you shoot one.

Snow and cold that blew in around Christmas in our area brought down much needed fresh birds. Hoping this coming arctic blast does some of the same with what's left in the Dakotas to the north of me. It'll will probably push our ducks out of the area, but hoping it brings new geese.

Attachments

• 01.02.24.jpg
    01.02.24.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 33
  • 01.05.24.jpg
    01.05.24.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 27
  • 12.25.2023.jpg
    12.25.2023.jpg
    917.1 KB · Views: 33
  • 01.02.2024.jpg
    01.02.2024.jpg
    273.2 KB · Views: 33
Ice made us resort to Plan B, but it turned out great, and was a much easier hunt location. First pintail of the year at the "pintail spot", but my buddy got it. Got more mallards than I was expecting, in fact that's about all we saw. A bit puzzled by the lack of teal and other ducks.

IMG_2808.jpg

Is this what your gun is supposed to look like? I took a brief dip on the last day of the season here in NW CO while chasing a decoy that was being washed downriver by ice. And then a second tumble in the snow while walking back up river. Needless to say my day was done. Luckily I got the shells out immediately so they didn’t freeze in the gun. And as I was trudging out in over the knee high snow with a frozen gun, birds seemed to be everywhere. Just my luck. Managed a single goldeneye prior to that to end my season. 10DA272E-9C24-4409-BFC5-9844429970B4.jpeg

Is this what your gun is supposed to look like? I took a brief dip on the last day of the season here in NW CO while chasing a decoy that was being washed downriver by ice. And then a second tumble in the snow while walking back up river. Needless to say my day was done. Luckily I got the shells out immediately so they didn’t freeze in the gun. And as I was trudging out in over the knee high snow with a frozen gun, birds seemed to be everywhere. Just my luck. Managed a single goldeneye prior to that to end my season. View attachment 310430
Glad your alright.

IMG_1427.jpeg
At about 6 degrees we decided to take a walk to river behind our place and see if any birds to jump. This was sitting with no decoys for last hour and half of light. Two limits. Headed out now to try again taking a couple of my field decoys this time.

Took my nephew to the "pintail spot" and we got a real mixed bag, but also both got our pintails. Unlike previous trips we had several decoy very well, could have shot several more if limit had allowed. Missed several mallards so we were short a couple of ducks, but got a nice surprise with the bonus canvasback, first one I've shot in probably 10 years or so. After missing several mallards my nephew got a triple on the widgeons.

20240114_171209.jpg
20240114_170456.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ak2021
Back