Waterfowl, let’s see them!

Little to no weather in our area for the last month. We killed some ducks and geese around here late-october and early november, but it has gotten very stale. Birds are very patterned with the mild weather and no snow cover to speak of. Even the guys I know that scout and travel around to hunt are having a tough time finding birds. Few locals will pattern, get shot, then go nearly nocturnal for a few weeks before they venture out during shooting light. That being said I have managed to scratch out some ducks here and there, but the goose hunting has been infuriating. One day you think you have them figured out and can set up to hunt. The next they fly and feed in the opposite direction. Lack of snow cover in the Dakotas north of me has to be playing a huge part. They have been completely dry and relatively mild weather up until some snow fall this weekend. Waiting on some colder weather and snow cover to see a huge push of birds, but even if they get here, I don't know if it will be easy to hunt them if its been anything like I have seen so far.

Dec 6
1702319614323.png

Dec 11
1702319633084.png

Attachments

• 12.09.2023.jpg
    12.09.2023.jpg
    293.6 KB · Views: 12
  • 12.10.2023.jpg
    12.10.2023.jpg
    353.4 KB · Views: 11
Little to no weather in our area for the last month. We killed some ducks and geese around here late-october and early november, but it has gotten very stale. Birds are very patterned with the mild weather and no snow cover to speak of. Even the guys I know that scout and travel around to hunt are having a tough time finding birds. Few locals will pattern, get shot, then go nearly nocturnal for a few weeks before they venture out during shooting light. That being said I have managed to scratch out some ducks here and there, but the goose hunting has been infuriating. One day you think you have them figured out and can set up to hunt. The next they fly and feed in the opposite direction. Lack of snow cover in the Dakotas north of me has to be playing a huge part. They have been completely dry and relatively mild weather up until some snow fall this weekend. Waiting on some colder weather and snow cover to see a huge push of birds, but even if they get here, I don't know if it will be easy to hunt them if its been anything like I have seen so far.

Dec 6
View attachment 305724

Dec 11
View attachment 305725

Dec 6
View attachment 305724

Dec 11
View attachment 305725
I sur like the Gadwalls, a real good eating duck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back