Yeti GOBOX Collection

Waterfowl, let’s see them!

Haven't been able to get out as much this season but today was pretty good to me. Looking forward to eating these!
Nice, Did you get the cinnamon in MT?
I'm looking forward to getting my first cinnamon in Mexico in February.

Hunting really slowed down last week, but picked up today after some weather moved in. First 45 minutes, nothing, then a crazy 15 minutes with 4 flocks of mallards decoying, and a bunch more that didn't. The Rio is flowing really high so I was pretty selective on my shots, only got one duck out of each flock. Then the action died when I was one short of the mallard limit. Finally after a 90 minute wait I got a hen to peel off a small flock and circle behind me over dry ground, which is where I prefer they fall. Looked like I plastered her but after a couple of somersaults she recovered and glided out into the river channel, and died. I lost a couple of valuable minutes because I couldn't see the dang duck (it went further than I thought) then jumped in my boat and caught up with it 1/4 mile downriver. Tough paddle back upstream, but I was happy I didn't loose the duck. Only saw 2 teal and nothing else but mallards, so called it a day and went home.

Almost didn't get there this morning because a large cottonwood had fallen over blocking the levee road. But I've been bringing a cordless chainsaw because this has been happening a lot this year, but mostly just limbs. This tree was 12-14" diameter, right at the limit of what I could handle, took me 20 minutes to clear enough to drive around.

20231120_095459.jpg

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mtbirdandbiggamehunter
Back